Calling all DIY Wizards!!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Attention all DIY Wizards!! We're looking for folks who will help us with DIY questions and issues! If you have expertise in DIY solutions, please be sure to click on the hashtag #DIYwizards and subscribe to it so that our community can use that hashtag to call on you all to get good answers to their DIY questions! We value your experience and thank you in advance for helping our community!

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love diy. How does one partake?

Update - needed to do it on the computer and not your phone :)

Last edited:

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love DIY as well. My Crazy refuge/sump build for a 54 gal. corner bow stand. Let me tell you, it don't come out without cutting it up or removing the tank. LOL
This, as U can see drove me nuts but, turned out to be a super sweet set-up.
54 SUMP (1).jpg
1338343724679.jpg
1338343726070.jpg
54 stand top view sump (2).jpg
54 sump w 125 skimmer.jpg
1338343725480.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Derail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be attempting an ATO build with cheap parts. Found at local electronics store, small pressure switch that as I push into it, over it's length does two changes. It changes two different sets of poles (a NO and a NC).
Gonna run 12vdc splice off something I have already to power a relay that when "low" will power a small pump to put RODI/Kalk into the tank. When "high" will cut power off.

Already got the homemade sump going - next up in 2018 will be a new display tank custom made. I've watched every single video of Uarey Joey (DIY King) over the years. So that makes me - not an expert. Or an expert at Patience.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've joined the hashtag.....on a Fire. Great idea!

Will be attempting an ATO build with cheap parts. Found at local electronics store, small pressure switch that as I push into it, over it's length does two changes. It changes two different sets of poles (a NO and a NC).
Gonna run 12vdc splice off something I have already to power a relay that when "low" will power a small pump to put RODI/Kalk into the tank. When "high" will cut power off.

Already got the homemade sump going - next up in 2018 will be a new display tank custom made. I've watched every single video of Uarey Joey (DIY King) over the years. So that makes me - not an expert. Or an expert at Patience.

Mark, for ATO, check out THIS BUILD....can't see why you wouldn't be able to substitute pressure switches for the float switches.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Should check out my thread as I'm remodeling my display. Similar to Joey

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back