Calling On Tropic Marine For Help!!!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this elsewhere. I switched to IO regular which gets the brown crud.
I mix 15g's at a time and float 1/4 cup of rox carbon in a nylon bag. No crud and it mixes crystal clear for what its worth.
I have used the same 1/4 cup for 3 mixes now and no brown residue.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: My 20kg box of the pro was made in Germany. I wonder if that Turkey thing is/was temporary to work around supply constraints.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - some people need to dial it back a bit. OP is asking as simple question about if anything has changed or if any other fellow hobbyists noticed anything different that use the same salt. Stay on point because this isn't about salt brands. Geez.

@PeterC99 - have you tried reaching them through the portal? I've had success going that route before and usually had an answer within 24 - 48 hours. May be another avenue for you to try.

1638837483066.png

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - some people need to dial it back a bit. OP is asking as simple question about if anything has changed or if any other fellow hobbyists noticed anything different that use the same salt. Stay on point because this isn't about salt brands. Geez.

@PeterC99 - have you tried reaching them through the portal? I've had success going that route before and usually had an answer within 24 - 48 hours. May be another avenue for you to try.

1638837483066.png
I will try tomorrow! Thank you for the great suggestion @areefer01

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after this bucket am going back to red sea blue bucket i found it better them tm

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my first bucket been using Red Sea blue for about five years no issues at all wanted to try this tropic marine due to all the hype same filthy crap in my mixing bins I’m finishing this bucket out and going back to Red Sea . And no one from tropic marine responds

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the bucket I just got from my LFS. I wonder if the sticker is a date code, 136 day of 2021?

20211206_201014.jpg
Everywhere except the US lists dates as day/month/year.

So more then likely that date code is the June 13, 2021

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the bucket I just got from my LFS. I wonder if the sticker is a date code, 136 day of 2021?

20211206_201014.jpg
It’s how dates are written in Europe (really the rest of the world), day/month/year instead of month/day/year, so June 13, 2021.

edit: apparently this was already explained, a couple times, lol.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and still using plain old purple box IO. Which also has some "brown crud" in it. But i have learned to deal with it fairly easy.

I have never cleaned my pails, and they are just as grey as they were new 5 years ago.

You just have to know how to alleviate the "brown crud" problem.

BRS actually did a video on this exact topic, and what they did/do, is what I do now.

Simple solution to all of this crud. Put a RODI canister with a cheap, sediment filter in line from your salt container. Catches all the crud before it makes it into your DT or sump.

Notice the bold? One would just have to do a youtube search to find it. Not that hard at all, and what I've been doing for a couple years now.

I prefer people to look for things and form their own opinions. Reason why I typically don't spoon food information, but rather have people search for it.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily but yes in short. Dosing between water changes can cheaply and easily make up for the lack/excess of elements in salt mixes. Buying salt mixes for ~$45 more isn’t worth it compared to the cheap cost of dosing and longevity of dosing chemicals.
People make different salts sound like two different things. People make instant ocean sound like mud and Tropic Marin to be a fine wedding cake. At the end of the day, they’re all NaCl with different elements mixed in. And I don’t believe one brand of salt should be considered garbage because of a different level of these elements due to what can be changed through dosing.
Now if you want to waste a bunch of money in this already expensive hobby as it is and want to have the right parameters from the get go without any dosing, sure this is the best method
Hope this answers what you were asking, may have read it wrong
I hate to differ with you. And being a manufacturer I would expect my comments on this to be pretty much ignored. However, just to add a little perspective to this conversation, the increased cost of salt brands is rarely related to what is IN the salt formula. You don't pay more to get more stuff (elements) in your more expensive salt brand. (although this might be the true in some cases). The bulk of the increased cost almost always comes from the brand purchasing higher grades of raw materials. While it is true that all salt brands are "NaCl with different elements mixed in". Not all NaCl is created equal. Less expensive raw materials make a less expensive salt, but can include varying levels of different contaminants at different times. So to be clear... a good portion of what you pay for, when you are purchasing a higher priced salt product, is the insurance for what si NOT in the box or bucket, NOT the inclusion of more elements.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to differ with you. And being a manufacturer I would expect my comments on this to be pretty much ignored. However, just to add a little perspective to this conversation, the increased cost of salt brands is rarely related to what is IN the salt formula. You don't pay more to get more stuff (elements) in your more expensive salt brand. (although this might be the true in some cases). The bulk of the increased cost almost always comes from the brand purchasing higher grades of raw materials. While it is true that all salt brands are "NaCl with different elements mixed in". Not all NaCl is created equal. Less expensive raw materials make a less expensive salt, but can include varying levels of different contaminants at different times. So to be clear... a good portion of what you pay for, when you are purchasing a higher priced salt product, is the insurance for what si NOT in the box or bucket, NOT the inclusion of more elements.
Pretty sure we all understand the cost of better sourced raw materials makes up most of the cost compared to others. The problem now is your more expensive salt, thats supposed to have better raw materials(no brown crud), now has it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back