Calmwaters First Saltwater Build

You can add vinegar to the tub.
Should foam then.
It'll be false foam but you'll get the general idea.
Run it that way for a bit It'll clean/ lube the thing.
 
It looks like an identical design to a Bubble Magus. They're good skimmers but I've never had one.
 
I'm curious if there was a.cap or plug on the bottom of the Tee originally but no one ever takes pictures of the underside of the skimmer...
 
Hey @Calmwaters , try turning the PVC pipe either direction and see if the flow increases some.
 
It was an old picture he had. It wasn't working when I bought it and he did tell me that it wasn't we were hoping it was just because it was dirty.
The original picture from the seller shows it running so unless something got lost between taking it down and setting it up at your house it should work.
 
So I'm thinking that he tried to fix it maybe... If that's a 3/4" PVC pipe, a 1" cap "should" fit on the bottom of the tee.
 
The link you sent previously shows the tee higher up with a valve in the side and a 90 below it. A cap on the bottom of the Tee would potentially fix that.
 
I will pick one up tomorrow and see if that works.
So I'm thinking that he tried to fix it maybe... If that's a 3/4" PVC pipe, a 1" cap "should" fit on the bottom of the tee.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new