Can anyone ID my nem?

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Also, because clowns don’t take to it, it still could be LTA (I don’t believe so) clowns tend to go to the natural host, and LTA might not be a natural host, so just because clowns don’t go to it doesn’t mean it’s not what you hope. :)
I don’t think it’s a long tentacle the dots would be much more visible any idea where it came from would help greatly on Id if it’s an Atlantic species would narrow it down

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s a long tentacle the dots would be much more visible any idea where it came from would help greatly on Id if it’s an Atlantic species would narrow it down
I agree with knowing where it came from. Although this may not be possible, so we get that.

I will say, I have recently seen quite a few condy and crispa come in (at least what they are labeled) that look wuite a bit different than the usual specimens.

If you can, also get a good clear pic of the mouth and surrounding disk. If we get enough info on shape, how the tents around the mouth are, etc., there are enough eyes on this to hopefully give a positive ID.

Mbrollins22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently made a video showing how I saved an anemone but to this day I still can't quite get an ID on it. I think its a long tentacle but I am not sure. I also reckon, its possible the batch of zooxanthellae I used could throw off whatever color it originally was but I suspect that's unlikely. Any help?

I just bought this zoo to treat my bleached nem. How did you feed it to your nem? Or did you just treat the tank?

OP
OP
ragnarokreviews

ragnarokreviews

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this zoo to treat my bleached nem. How did you feed it to your nem? Or did you just treat the tank?
Hi! I did a couple of things, so I would soak and lather it into tiny bits of salmon and feed it that way. I did this every other day for a week. I would also squirt a fair amount into the tank itself and took out charcoal and turned off my filters for about 30 minuets each time. Make sure to keep the zoo in the correct lighting each day while storing the package.

Mbrollins22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I did a couple of things, so I would soak and lather it into tiny bits of salmon and feed it that way. I did this every other day for a week. I would also squirt a fair amount into the tank itself and took out charcoal and turned off my filters for about 30 minuets each time. Make sure to keep the zoo in the correct lighting each day while storing the package.
Thank you! I now see my purple corkscrew’s foot is all white. His purple is very purple but his whole foot is white. Everything is within parameters. The mag was low and I’ve been raising it. I just don’t know what else could be wrong!

OP
OP
ragnarokreviews

ragnarokreviews

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I now see my purple corkscrew’s foot is all white. His purple is very purple but his whole foot is white. Everything is within parameters. The mag was low and I’ve been raising it. I just don’t know what else could be wrong!
Hmm, so from that, it actually sounds like it is slowly loosing it's color but it hasn't actually fully bleached already? Meaning it still has it's original zoo? If it is turning white, I would think adding more zoo won't help much. My thread is specifically if one has been completely bleached for a bit. I would be looking at your lighting first and foremost. What kind of lighting, strength? What depth is it at in the tank? Something is stressing it. Usually that is from either bad lighting or a shock/change in water chemistry.
Also when did you get this anemone and how long have you had it, what kind is it?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back