Can anyone ID this snail?

reefknight

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
815
Reaction score
51
Location
Warner Robins, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone please ID this snail? Found it while dipping a couple of acans that I've had some recession on. Since it was an iodine based dip, I couldn't tell if it was alive or dead to begin with.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333125084.811183.jpg


Best pic I can get before work today.

Thanks
 
That's what I was thinking, but it doesn't have the spiral flutes in the shell. Not discounting that it still might be, just not fully developed.

No, I do not have any clams. I do have some rather unexplained recession on some LPS coral though.
 
I believe their are two types of pyram snails; one that feed on clams and one that feed on other snails. If you have no clams it may be worth taking a look at your larger snails to see if there are any more in the tank.
 
There are actually 1000's of different types of Pyramid snails so an exact ID is gonna be tough. If you are worried about them in your system I suggest adding a Coris Wrasse, they gobble them right up!
 
I've got Astreas, Ceriths, Nassarius and a few Turbo snails. I'll have to check on all of them an see.

Not sure how my Pylei & Pink Margin will take to a Coris wrasse being added, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new