Can cyano cause rtn/stn?

lulu1228

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2022
Messages
148
Reaction score
25
Location
Tallahassee
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having stn on my goniopora, alveopora and now a favites. Can cyano cause this? And if so, what can I do?
 
Cyano seems to proliferate in low nitrate tanks. (In my experience) I’m going through the same thing at the moment. I routed a tube into a filter sock in my sump then just sucked up all the cyano. So just raise the nitrate, stop dosing aminos and feed less. You could also use chemiclean which is 100% effective but I’ve had rtn from it.
 
Idk if it's cyano then, my nitrates are like 15 now. My goniopora just keep getting this slimy algae that looks like cyano and it's causing them to have stn
 
Cyano is usually associated with unstable or unavailable nutrients and certainly will have a negative effect on corals to varying degrees.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new