Can I take stuff off my urchin

LxHowler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
332
Reaction score
269
Location
Midlands, England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know urchins like to take stuff to try and disguise themselfs but I never expected this one. My tuxedo urchin is walking around with a piece of egg crate. I was wondering if it is safe to take it off of it as this was holding a plug of rasta zoa's and I don't have any spare to replace it. I don't even know how it got is because it was under the sand. Please excuse the algae I haven't had chance to clean it off
IMG_20201013_173934.jpg
 
mine pulls new frags.
They are tank disruptors.
He is not authorized in certain areas, but does not care.

Yeah same, i put new frags in and lost my Tabasco Favites, naughty urchin decided he would like to adorn himself with it and dropped it in the rock work somewhere. This morning i woke to find my Sunset Micro colony went walkabout too.

Ugghhh algae eaters......yeah ok, Display disruptors def;Sour
 
Yeah same, i put new frags in and lost my Tabasco Favites, naughty unchin decided he would like to adorn himself with it and dropped it in the rock work somewhere. This morning i woke to find my Sunset Micro colony went walkabout too.

Ugghhh algae eaters......yeah ok, Display disruptors def;Sour

Could be worse, I had a Niger Trigger move large rocks with frags on them & tip them over
 
Apparently urchins do this to protect from UV rays. There’s a thread where you can buy funny 3D printed hats for them that they really like so they won’t pick up everything in your tank
 
Lol someone around here has a pic of his wielding a razor blade. If I see someone’s carrying around an empty beer can, I think I could officially say I’ve seen it all ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new