Can my torch be saved? Turning white.

Bigema

View Badges
Reaction score
Over the past few days my torch has been turning white and started to recede. My torch next to it is fine and all other corals are doing great. Any help is appreciated.

83C6F8D5-1E08-45EF-84EC-66D4BD5F5419.jpeg C802F1EC-5384-46A3-B32A-C984137582E1.jpeg A8065109-05ED-41B2-822F-D6A630C2BB2B.png

AS

Lost in the Sauce

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Your parameters look to be within order.

Has anything changed in the system, in the room it's in? Changes to food, water or salt being used, lighting?

Where is it sitting in relation to light and flow? The more info the better and pics under whites may help others see something important.

@MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Your parameters look to be within order.

Has anything changed in the system, in the room it's in? Changes to food, water or salt being used, lighting?

Where is it sitting in relation to light and flow? The more info the better and pics under whites may help others see something important.

@MERKEY
+1

How long have you had this particular torch?

Have you checked the flesh of your other torches today seen if the flesh is also receding on theirs?

Something is bothering it....

Mag is a little low but other numbers look ok.

Have you had an alk or phos swing?

What lights are you using and at what intensity also do you know the par in that area?

Budmans

Are your corals ever subjected to the open air with no water for water changes or tank maintenance?

• Yes and I wish I had planned my aquascape better

Votes: 28 12.1%
  • Yes even though I planned my aquascape for the possibilty

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • No as I planned for this not to happen

Votes: 57 24.7%
  • No not yet and I haven't planned for it

Votes: 63 27.3%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 17 7.4%
Omega Sea, LLC