Can you help me ID this crab?

They are very fun to keep and make interesting specimens to watch.
Some get big
IMG_4240-M.jpg
 
I love researching and learning about random critters, this gorilla crab is new to me, great pics btw thanks
Where do these crabs come from, how did it get into this person's aquriam if only lightly stocked? Any information appreciated
Thanks
 
I love researching and learning about random critters, this gorilla crab is new to me, great pics btw thanks
Where do these crabs come from, how did it get into this person's aquriam if only lightly stocked? Any information appreciated
Thanks
It came with the live rocks. The rocks I got from the LFS were jam packed full of life.

I’ve noticed at least 8-9 mythrax crabs (I believe that’s what they’re called. They’re basically emerald crabs but more of beige color) a bobbitt worm which has been removed, a pistol shrimp, a fleshy limpit, a bunch of spaghetti worms and fan worms as well.

edit: I forgot to mention a bunch of sponges and even a form of coral has managed to stay alive on the live rocks.
 
I honestly thought I’d have a lot of die off during the initial cycling process but I was very strict with my water changes and I think I just had only 1 crab meat his maker on my watch since introducing the rocks.

Fish and corals on the other hand have been wiped out due to the bobbitt worm and gorilla crab.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new