Can you spell "peninsula" and better yet what do you think about these tanks?

Peninsula Reef Tanks

• I have a peninsula tank now and I love it

Votes: 138 21.1%
  • I have a peninsula tank now and I hate it

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • I have had a peninsula tank in the past and I loved it

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • I have had a peninsula tank in the past and I hated it

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • I am planning to set up a peninsula tank in the future

Votes: 130 19.8%
  • I have thought about setting up a peninsula tank in the future

Votes: 247 37.7%
  • I do not like peninsula tanks

Votes: 63 9.6%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 43 6.6%

• Total voters

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could really use some help right now. I went to Reef2Reef this weekend,and seen that Aqua SD was having a sale. I purchased three corals that totaled over $236. I ordered them Saturday evening, And use Amazon pay and got a confirmation number of the purchase. I haven’t heard back from them for three days,until I contacted them on Tuesday.They finally Replied and said my corals would be shipped on 3/11/2020 and should receive on 3/12/2020. Shortly after they responded and sent an email and told me,disregard the previous email that I had to pay for shipping.I notified them because I snapped a picture of my order and told them that my order said the shipping was free. They emailed me back and said no I have to pay for shipping even though they’ve received the money and gave me a confirmation number. I have even sent them the snap of the picture that I took when I ordered it. They said you still have to pay shipping, Even though after my confirmation number it says shipping was free. I remember a trend on Reef2Reef asking has anybody ever got ripped off.??????????

I think during the live sale you have to pay for shipping no matter how much to spent on corals. When you purchase the coral it has multiple options for shipping and the first option is if you have already paid for a shipping module it makes it sound like free shipping. Never had an issue with AquaSD. Just go in and spend 29.99 on the shipping module day you want to receive the corals.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other: love peninsula tanks, just no where to set one up in the house.

Corne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Peninsula acts as a room divider. Had to Knock down walls but worth it. The pic below was a while back
20190802_130345.jpg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like SO many others, I would love to have one if I could make it work in the house. Maybe sometime in the murky future, a remodel will allow it to happen.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think panninsuler tanks are awesome. If I had the space, I'd set up a paninsoola in a second. In fact, probably a pennisala and a drop off combination.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous...probably the best way to display a reef tank in my opinion...that or islands. Something about that see through look that really reminds me of being in the water.

And I doubt I ever have one, unless I move to another house specifically designed around my tank. Hmmmmm...

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are islands of awesomeness!! If I could make ever tank a penn style I would. It allows for placement of more coral too! :cool:

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved into a new house last October. It's a ranch with a huge daylight basement, which I am in the process of finishing now. I have a 500 gallon 96x48x29 acrylic tank on order with MRC. It will be a penincula, err, punensula, err um, pininsula. Ah hell, you know what I mean.

The peninsula will have a granite counter around it and be against a wall butting up to the fish room. I will also be doing a free floating canopy to help contain the light bleed to the room. The fish room is going to be 28'x16', so there will be plenty of room for anything I may want to do.

I'm really excited to get started and will have a build thread soon. :D

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my current one:
Current Aquarium.jpg

Another Michigan reef, awesome! It took me a second to figure out how your lights were mounted. Very cool!

I voted "I have a peninsula and love it" but I really just have a tank that is formatted as a peninsula. Otherwise, it is set up as a standard tank. I painted the [new] back black and the overflow side works well to send my drain lines through the adjacent wall. So while I do love the tank itself, I wish I had actually modified it so the overflow was a "ghost" style instead. Not a great pic...

FTS_Dec.jpg

Pete Paschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently building a new house that will have a 72 X 30 X 20 or 22 peninsula tank when we move this summer. In fact, the stand from Framing Tech and the overflow from Modular Marine are on the UPS truck right now to be delivered today. This house can't be finished soon enough.

Pickwun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently building a new house that will have a 72 X 30 X 20 or 22 peninsula tank when we move this summer. In fact, the stand from Framing Tech and the overflow from Modular Marine are on the UPS truck right now to be delivered today. This house can't be finished soon enough.
Building a house to fit the tank.:D Pete wins.

Pete Paschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a house to fit the tank.:D Pete wins.
Haha! My wife drew the plans for the house and likes to tell people we are building the house around the tank! The design from the architect even has the tank drawn into the plan. This wife is WAY better than my first one!

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting back into the hobby and I decided to set up a 90 gal peninsula tank and the whole family loves it. I am setting up a mixed reef that is LPS heavy and I love the fact that I can easily setup different flow zones in the tank so I can have High flow corals almost side-by-side with low flow specimens.

03AF590A-75B0-4CA7-8F9F-12B0BF4C1600.jpeg 51443A75-925F-40AD-939A-A0580864AF4C.jpeg

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back