Cannot connect GHL Doser 2 to GHL App on ios

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday I updated my firmware in order to make a change to my doser in the ios app. However, I keep getting a no connection error even though I see and join the wifi connection to my doser 2. Is anyone else having this problem? Could someone help me get this worked out? Thanks

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WiFi won’t work if the usb cable is plugged Inverness if it shows up. Unplug the usb cable and try.

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the same error message. Any other suggestions?

05E0396C-C220-4F9D-A7EB-575647EF48B9.png

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the doser WiFi hotspot or do you have it setup up with your Router?
If hotspot you need to be on the Wifi of the doser Which you need to go to the settings in your iPhone and select eh GHL Wifi.

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the doser set to my WiFi but it is still broadcasting its own hotspot. What should I do in this scenario? Maybe pm me more details

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go into the Doser with GCC GHL's programing application you can make sure that you are on YOUR wifi router. You should also check on your Router and make sure you see the GHL doser as it will have GHL in its device name on your network. You then want to make sure that the ip address that your router has given to your Doser is entered into your Connect app.

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefwiser
I’ve just checked my WiFi and couldn’t find my doser. So, I tried to setup static ip WiFi in it again in the ghl computer program. When the doser is connected to WiFi the light blinks red and blue. I know something’s wrong because mine is blinking red and white. Any way to get my doser to connect to my home network so I can continue using it?

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the doser still works, just anytime I want to make adjustments to the schedule I have to plug in a pc. It would be more convenient for me to use the app :)

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the doser still works, just anytime I want to make adjustments to the schedule I have to plug in a pc. It would be more convenient for me to use the app :)
I feel like you can still use the iOS app by searching for the GHL’s WiFi and connecting to it.

I had one that I set up and was having the same problem, and I ended up trying it ‘offline’ and still being able to connect to its WiFi and control it through the app.

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what...
The doser stopped sending out its WiFi hospot thingy :/ I’m kinda lost now.

OP
OP
NikoO

NikoO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making progress!
I logged into the same WiFi that the doser is on and tried to log into my doser. Instead of giving me an error message it let me into the dashboard

71A04FF5-722A-4283-A82B-DAB1C7777C42.png

Albert bada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the doser WiFi hotspot or do you have it setup up with your Router?
If hotspot you need to be on the Wifi of the doser Which you need to go to the settings in your iPhone and select eh GHL Wifi.
GHL WiFi doesn’t show in my list

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back