Cant keep AquaLogic Aquarium controller. Parents think its dangerous. How do i tell em what its for?

XxAlex_OhxX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A year ago, a fire broke out in my room due to a faulty eheim 300 watt heater (never buying again) combined with a 70 year old electical system that is older than my grandma and as a result, i was grounded, but most regrettably i was forced to give away my 55 gallon saltwater tank. My lightning maroon clown? My juvenile Hippo tang? My 4 year old 8 inch RBT Anemone? I gave them to my neighbor who only had a 20 gallon reef(mom didnt give a crap who my babies went to) and of course they killed eachother for territory of such a small tank while the anemone wasted away prob to horrible water parameters. Tried again with a 20 gallon despite the hesitance from my family, but when i got my AquaLogic EC230R/Ranco ETC-141000 my parents thought i straight up dont care about the safety of our family. How do i explain this massive controller's purpose to them?

16977638219001827810108549712471.jpg

Yodaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’re logical people, explain what it does, and that it’s another system added for further safety

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%

Back