Carbon/GFO reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Briguy350
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Briguy350

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
17
Location
St. Paul, Mn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna pick up a carbon reactor for my new tank and don't know anything about GFO. I have a 75 I just started and want to make sure my water quality is top notch. Can I roll with just carbon? Or should I use both carbon and GFO. What are your thoughts.
 
I keep chalices and my system is small (50gallons) so I dont see the need for it. just weekly 10 percent water changes and chaeto. sps are healthy and colored at 0.07 phosphates, yes 0.07. Lots of ppl use gfo but if I were in your shoes, I would wait till my 75 is up and running, let the algae bloom and go away on its own, stock the tank and have a maintenance routine and then weigh the benefits and costs of running gfo. patience pays off since I dont have to deal with buying it or cleaning it. its totally up to you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new