Carpet Anemone growth

Snivley

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
38
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning as we were feeding our carpet nemes I noticed a growth on it. It looks like a little carpet nem arm. I have never seen this before and am not finding any examples similar in my searches. Any thoughts on what this could be? Appreciate the insight! These are the best pictures I could get. tempImagepa4wT4.png tempImageolJs4M.png tempImageRFMsZ3.png
 
Over the years, there were several online case similar to this, budding of Haddoni, online at reefcental.com. All of these cases ended with either death of the anemone mostly not related to the budding, or resorption of the bud. Please keep us update. I would love to see a successful asexual reproduction of Haddoni.
in at least one of the case the reefer try to cut the bud, result in the death of both the original anemone and the bud.
 
Any chance of cancer on anemone.
 
Over the years, there were several online case similar to this, budding of Haddoni, online at reefcental.com. All of these cases ended with either death of the anemone mostly not related to the budding, or resorption of the bud. Please keep us update. I would love to see a successful asexual reproduction of Haddoni.
in at least one of the case the reefer try to cut the bud, result in the death of both the original anemone and the bud.
Interesting. Thank you. I will keep an eye on it for sure and post with updates.
 
I keep a few Haddoni Carpets over the years. I have 4 right now. I never know of any Haddoni that was successful had asexual reproduced. Gigantea yes but Haddoni no.
IMG_4204.jpeg
IMG_4456.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new