Casa Magellan

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve honestly been halfway expecting that to happen for months now, but it just keeps growing!
30272196-2B92-4FAB-9851-9D346EF4BD4B.png

My previous attempts were with small red ones. My current one is green and now rather large and happy down in my LPS growout tank. I am running much dirtier now than back then, so maybe the curse will lift. Will know in about three weeks.

OP
OP
Magellan

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous attempts were with small red ones. My current one is green and now rather large and happy down in my LPS growout tank. I am running much dirtier now than back then, so maybe the curse will lift. Will know in about three weeks.
I don’t run a skimmer or a fuge, I think that might be the secret sauce for filter feeders like Goni’s. Plus constant feedings, it’s even hungrier than @Robin Haselden ’s eel!

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know so no, I always run a bit high with my nutrients anyway, to dial in the drops per day with Polyp Booster I just looked each day until I saw cyano, drops as stated on the bottle, 7 days later cyano started to appear so I halved the drops per day and a little more appeared but stabilised after a few days.
The previous one was Coral Essentials Amino Gro, it was messy but that is how I knew the latest adjustment o try.
IMO yes it does fuel it. ;)

While I know cyano can utilize a lot of media to intensify fission, I’m unsure if basic aminos or carbs can be fixated. The two main media are of course nitrogen and carbon fixation.

Amino dosing is technically a form of carbon dosing so I think it’s possible.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS calls gonis "renta-corals" because nobody gets to keep them. Mine grow like gangbusters for 6 months. The next morning they are gone. Like clockwork. Acropora are so much easier IME.

I think it’s the goni geography. Your lfs is probably only selling those indo types that magellan masochistically loves.

It’s like Aussie lobos. One of my local dudes only sells them and they are always a pain

OP
OP
Magellan

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s the goni geography. Your lfs is probably only selling those indo types that magellan masochistically loves.

It’s like Aussie lobos. One of my local dudes only sells them and they are always a pain
On the plus side, you can rent an Indonesian Goni for cheap ;)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Magellan

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @ScottB is selling some with his super rare indo albino acros.

My Indo Albinos all got colored up in grow out. Yellow flesh, pink polyps, blues growth tips with green at the base. Ugh. Had to chuck them in the trash. Like, who was gonna buy that stuff from me for more than the cost of the plug?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was @ScottR that is trying to move the unicorns ;)
Thanks for the cover there. I had nothing to do with that. Unfortunately.

Too many scotts

The name Scott is even more rare than those Albinos I had. We are precious.

I would say “great Scotts” but @Mastiffsrule and @CasaReefer are just ok Scotts. I had to bring some other Scotts to this party in case we start getting beat up on. We come with lasers. Beware.

Yeah! I tend to carry a loaded syringe too. Kalk paste; so don't mess with me.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price of torches has come down since Indo opened back up. $500 torches two months ago are going for $150 now and will continue to fall, to the disdain of every person that was price gouging them before who said "the price is never coming back down."

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Indo Albinos all got colored up in grow out. Yellow flesh, pink polyps, blues growth tips with green at the base. Ugh. Had to chuck them in the trash. Like, who was gonna buy that stuff from me for more than the cost of the plug?
Especially if they were encrusting... disgusting. Total garbage

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price of torches has come down since Indo opened back up. $500 torches two months ago are going for $150 now and will continue to fall, to the disdain of every person that was price gouging them before who said "the price is never coming back down."
This octospawn is priceless. Well, it’s up for auction so I don’t know its price. So yeah priceless.
44462599-13F2-4B70-A59A-553810F91E85.jpeg

Back