CB maleficent acro placement?

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine turing green for the first 6 months, now it started to coloring up

Mine is around 2 months old. It came with fire red coloration and some green. Over a few weeks, it got pretty dull. Found my nutrients had bottomed out, so figured it was a combo of being new and no nutrients. Got nutrients up and it went to metallic green and has been encrusting base.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll say this much it really just doesn’t tolerate my led bar (SBreef actinic) in placement where it would be directly getting hit. I’ve had it for 20 month it did well started take off with t5 only similar par levels as you mentioned. Quickly went declined post led bar was dormant for almost the entire time up until a few weeks ago. All subjective in the end, but I alway blasted it with light given the results of fellow reefers and “key” to bringing out strongest red being high par level. I’m on the fence.

May have just needed time to adjust to the new lighting. I have an sb as well but it doesn’t necessarily blast my piece toward the middle back.

Nilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just resurrecting this thread. Here’s mine. Got it from @bubbaque ~10 months ago as a 1” frag. Went thru 2 alk crashes but has continued to do well. It’s now almost 3-4” with multiple branches and as red as they come.
95907571-C729-4CDA-B242-49D91BCDFC44.jpeg
Not sure yet if it’s going to form a table

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just resurrecting this thread. Here’s mine. Got it from @bubbaque ~10 months ago as a 1” frag. Went thru 2 alk crashes but has continued to do well. It’s now almost 3-4” with multiple branches and as red as they come.
95907571-C729-4CDA-B242-49D91BCDFC44.jpeg
Not sure yet if it’s going to form a table
Glad it’s doing well. Has nice color and I see some new growth tips.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back