OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just want to do a over cap of everything that has been done for those who don't feel like reading 20 pages of build

Started with a 240 star fire front&sides (Craigslist) with a 2" hole in the middle so I desided to go cls drilled 4 1" hole in back hooked a reeflo dart to that. 2600gph. It was duel overflow along with dueled drilled a 1" & 1 1/2" use the 11/2" as drain lines and 1" as return. Hook up a tunze Silence PRO
(1073.110) at 2900gph. So yes I have great flow I hooked all the lines up with Hydra Aquatics Twist Water Flow Accelerators MPT. In total 6 1" lines. (goal was not to use power heads)
Did my own DIY rock (came out great) built the stand and skinned and stained it. Built my own sump also that's 47g to hold my bm c99 skimmer ( beast) and as of right now am in the middle of cycle. Show some quick pic but alltoghter great build
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384137865.157283.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384137894.667987.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384137920.518544.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384137949.385767.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384138031.818907.jpg

reefernutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to try and make a few of them myself. I've got plenty of oyster shell and the granular salt, but I was thinking about using some of the larger salt pieces to make the outside really crater-like.

How long did you soak it before you put it in the tank?

Thanks.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to try and make a few of them myself. I've got plenty of oyster shell and the granular salt, but I was thinking about using some of the larger salt pieces to make the outside really crater-like.

How long did you soak it before you put it in the tank?

Thanks.

Page 16 is where I started my process. I Chose not to use salt rocks and I'm glad I didn't because it makes your rocks very fragile I did two part oyster two part sand to one part Cement. It is very very coarse I can have a hose on full blast on one of my larger pieces and it will not run down the sides it goes straight through the rock. It was soaking since May it's overkill they only say 60 days but I just made it not knowing when I could set my tank up.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some testing last night just as I figured sill 1 ammonia tomorrow is the 14day mark. So wasn't expecting anything special.

On to a better note I did a little DIY made some screen top. From hd very easy waiting on my clear 1/2 top to come in from brs. But frame is done well all 3. On my braces I have a lip on each side for it to sit I you'll see in pic.
But hey a easy 50$ screen just keeps 1 fish from jumping it pays for its self!!!
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384794833.610896.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384794841.621892.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1384794849.371789.jpg

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been contemplating the ideal of making my own coral and fish food. Me being a chef and all I have access to very fresh raw seafood. So last night I brought home some fresh scallops fresh shrimp some muscles. Minced it all up Added some garlic extract and fed to the fish and corals. They loved it. I have had some problems with something like acans not liking pellets. Primarily my s.c. Hot stuff and chalice s.c bleeding orange. Well I don't think a single Coral did not chow down. Anyone else ever tried this. How was your Experience. I will be making this again

NVEOUS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read all 20 pages!! Looks awesome aside from the huge pond you now have in your living room. I hope that once i set my first tank up and get my feet wet I will be able to upgrade to a tank like this and have as much skill as you do! Keep it up man!

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read all 20 pages!! Looks awesome aside from the huge pond you now have in your living room. I hope that once i set my first tank up and get my feet wet I will be able to upgrade to a tank like this and have as much skill as you do! Keep it up man!
Thank you and good luck with your tank.

OP
OP
chadderboxx

chadderboxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol funny story I was hooking up my ecobak biopellet and unplugged my return pump well I forgot my I didn't have my check valve on because I sprayed them that day. So my sump just overflowed. I came out of the garage and was like what the heck! My stupidly wont happen again.

On a side note I'm really really thinking hard of trying the ZEOvit system a go. Idk tho anyone used befor?

reefernutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man........I've been there!! The wife complained at me for weeks. Good luck with the clean up.

Never tried Zeovit before but have heard both good and bad stories.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back