Changed tanks and BTA is unhappy

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so 2 weeks ago I changed tanks. When I did I didn't move any of the existing sand or rock since there was a lot of hair algae. Since the tank was going in the same spot I wasn't able to cycle the new rock and sand, but did use Dr Tims in the tank and had a small cycle but everything is looking good now. Ammonia is around 0 and nitrates are also in the 5-10 area. All other LPS I have (2 acans and 1 plate) are looking good. The anemone is shrunk and not sticky. Any idea what I can do for it to bring it back to its old self?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add a big bag of Carbon or run a media reactor with Carbon in it. This has helped me in the past when switching nems to different tanks or over to tanks that have not been running that long.

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? All the fish going in could have caused a spike. For future reference, you can cycle the rock in a trash can

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add a big bag of Carbon or run a media reactor with Carbon in it. This has helped me in the past when switching nems to different tanks or over to tanks that have not been running that long.
I have carbon running currently.

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens to nems, feed it weekly it will recover but is going to look bad initially most likely.

I did the same thing and mine lost almost all its tentacles and turned black before perking back up.

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other parameters would you like?

Missed then in your original post, my bad . What was the parameters of your old tank? Most likely just shock, mine shriveles up every water change, bit continues to grow in size

Last edited:

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock could be leaching something or have die off if it is live rock.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back