Charlotte Area

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 corals from Jason Fox, blinding orange leptoseris and silver bullet montipora, that I'm looking to rehome to someone local. I got them at the Carolina Reefing Experience and they did good initially. I accidentally spiked my alkalinity and they didn't take it too well. Especially the montipora. I really don't want to kill these poor animals so I'm giving them away to a good home.

They need to have a good SPS tank so they have a chance to bounce back. I have too much going on right now to give them the focus they deserve. If interested please PM me and post some pics of the tank you'll keep them in. Additional info on the corals and tank below.

Tank parameters; alk 7.2 dKH, salinity 35.0 ppt, Ca 400 ppm, temp 78F.
Setup; 29G, 4" DSB, 10G refugium, live rock, planted, corals currently under about 125-150 PAR from 20K LEDs. MP10s on lowest setting but they are right up next to it.
Other livestock; 2 clowns, GSP and torch both doing well, various snails and 2 lettuce seaslugs. Red planera flatworms in tank but planning on not getting rid of them to serve as food for a velvet nudibrach (actually a bubble shell not a nudibrach).

Blinding orange leptoseris still on plug. Has a mini brittle star under it that isn't coming out and came with it. Tips burned and a gets a little better but then tissue recedes again. A little green film algae and one strand of filamentous algae growing on the plug now. Still has some color and not half bad looking. Should bounce back well but I can't keep up with it right now.

Silver bullet montipora still on plug. Really rough shape and mostly gone. Color faded to brown but hanging in there. I think a skilled SPS reefer can nurse it back. A little green film algae on plug and exposed skeleton.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 corals from Jason Fox, blinding orange leptoseris and silver bullet montipora, that I'm looking to rehome to someone local. I got them at the Carolina Reefing Experience and they did good initially. I accidentally spiked my alkalinity and they didn't take it too well. Especially the montipora. I really don't want to kill these poor animals so I'm giving them away to a good home.

They need to have a good SPS tank so they have a chance to bounce back. I have too much going on right now to give them the focus they deserve. If interested please PM me and post some pics of the tank you'll keep them in. Additional info on the corals and tank below.

Tank parameters; alk 7.2 dKH, salinity 35.0 ppt, Ca 400 ppm, temp 78F.
Setup; 29G, 4" DSB, 10G refugium, live rock, planted, corals currently under about 125-150 PAR from 20K LEDs. MP10s on lowest setting but they are right up next to it.
Other livestock; 2 clowns, GSP and torch both doing well, various snails and 2 lettuce seaslugs. Red planera flatworms in tank but planning on not getting rid of them to serve as food for a velvet nudibrach (actually a bubble shell not a nudibrach).

Blinding orange leptoseris still on plug. Has a mini brittle star under it that isn't coming out and came with it. Tips burned and a gets a little better but then tissue recedes again. A little green film algae and one strand of filamentous algae growing on the plug now. Still has some color and not half bad looking. Should bounce back well but I can't keep up with it right now.

Silver bullet montipora still on plug. Really rough shape and mostly gone. Color faded to brown but hanging in there. I think a skilled SPS reefer can nurse it back. A little green film algae on plug and exposed skeleton.

I could hold them in my frag tank for you and then when you're ready for them back they should be nice and healthy for you.

OP
OP
Silver14SS

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone want 10L of ATI Essentials Pro? I decided to use TM All for Reef instead.
B54191AE-FBC5-450B-8B53-D2A8B55B5D0C.jpeg

Jefdav84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to join in on the thread here.

Grew up in Charlotte, and been here since 1989. Currently live in Indian Trail (I'm about 5 minutes away from Nemo's Reef)

Been in the hobby for about 6 months now and and have already moved to a second tank which is a SCA 50 Cube. Looking forward interacting with everyone.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to join in on the thread here.

Grew up in Charlotte, and been here since 1989. Currently live in Indian Trail (I'm about 5 minutes away from Nemo's Reef)

Been in the hobby for about 6 months now and and have already moved to a second tank which is a SCA 50 Cube. Looking forward interacting with everyone.

Wish there were more active people around but there don't seem to be many.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish there were more active people around but there don't seem to be many.

There are. They just seem to be in hiding! LOL. I have met some advanced local hobbyist but they aren't active on forums, etc much. I am down to meet to do frag swaps, etc whatever

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple rocks each filled with Palys, GSP, and Mushrooms. Looking to get these to a new home. They are in my refugium and I need to put my Chaeto back in. Would love if someone could come tomorrow to pick them up? Don't even know what to ask $ so if someone wanted to make an offer that would be cool. Just really need them out.

20200215_113454.jpg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone want 10L of ATI Essentials Pro? I decided to use TM All for Reef instead.
B54191AE-FBC5-450B-8B53-D2A8B55B5D0C.jpeg
Good choice I made the switch about a month ago and have been very happy. I dose about 12ml a day and keeps Alk and cal Rock solid for about 30.00 every 85 days. How has tour experience been so far?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all Charlotte and surrounding area,

just a quick FYI.

I called a Nemos and they are open in our area 11-5 m-sat. Lots of coral, and some back room coral and fish. Saturday they said are busy, but you can go at off peak times for social distancing. I know I’ve been with them thru 3 moves and great folk.

Would love to support them if, and only if you feel comfortable going out.

Kevin@nemos

WSM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mastiffsrule do you know if they plan on updating website stock? Looked last night for possible curb side it almost seemed everything was out of stock.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back