Chase's Custom 35gl Rimless Cube

Semper89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
I just downgraded from a 150 gallon mediocre tank to my brand new custom cube I had built for me by Planet Aquariums. The tank features an external overflow box, black silicone, rimless design, and beveled glass edges. The stand was given to me by one of my customers. Here is the equipment list I came up with for this build.

Neptune Apex Gold
Eshopps NanoCube Refugium Sump
Reef Octopus 110SSS
Reef Octopus 150w Titanium Heater
Eshopps Curve Refugium Light
Hydra 26 LED Fixture
AI Hanging Kit
AWM Module
Jebao RW-4
Sicce 1.5 pump
Neptune Breakout Box
2 JBJ Float Switches
Neptune Probe Holder

I used an Aragonite C4 Special Grade Substrate along with a couple of boxes of Nano Real Reef Rock to give it that already established reef look from the start. I decided to add a couple of larger rocks to fill out the aquascape a bit more after the tank had been running for a couple of weeks. I have a few Frags from my old setup, but for the most part it is a blank canvas. If you have any questions about setup or anything else, feel free to post and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. Thanks for looking!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy looks like it's been set up for a couple months, good job Nano Real Reef Rock. Have you used the AI Hydra 26 before and how do you like them?

OP
OP
S

Semper89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some experience with it at the place I work. So far it's proving to be an outstanding light, especially for the price. They dropped it to $300 just recently.

OP
OP
S

Semper89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: tank is doing well besides the phosphates going up rapidly. Not sure why, but I think I just need to patient and let my aerobic and anaerobic bacteria build. Nitrates are still zero, so that is going well. I decided to run the sump without most of the sponge and without a filter sock to let the skimmer do more of its job. I added my pair of Black Ice Snowflake Cliwns to the tank lately and they seem to be doing pretty well. That's all for now. Thanks for looking and please feel free to chime in with advice or questions!

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back