Chattanooga area reef club?

gudar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is the topic of most of the recentish threads, but is there really a reef club in the area anymore? I would really enjoy to see an active aquarium/reef club in the area again. I know the facebook page is fairly active; however, it seems to be more of an outlet for selling than a reef club. Would anyone else like to get a club up an running again?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let see if some one its on:)

Wetfish15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is the topic of most of the recentish threads, but is there really a reef club in the area anymore? I would really enjoy to see an active aquarium/reef club in the area again. I know the facebook page is fairly active; however, it seems to be more of an outlet for selling than a reef club. Would anyone else like to get a club up an running again?
I agree, i am purchasing a local fish store and would love to grow the reefing scene

chefmur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in , just had to drive 5 hours round trip to Knoxville swap would love to see something here locally. We had LFS host these in BHM and it worked well, usually store did well in sales .

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in a different thread but I may be moving to Chattanooga next summer. I’ll help the club in any way I can.

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is just now getting corals in it. I am hoping to start hosting club meetings once the holidays are over. We might want to start discussing possible dates, we typically did them on saturday or sunday afternoons.

SeaGrave43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to R2R and found this thread. Did anything come of it? i would be interested in joining and helping in any way.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is just now getting corals in it. I am hoping to start hosting club meetings once the holidays are over. We might want to start discussing possible dates, we typically did them on saturday or sunday afternoons.

HI Alex! Are you still on here? We go back a few years. You were a huge help in setting up my first tank! :)

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet that I know of... it would be nice to meet others here in Chattanooga in the hobby.

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it would help to get a contact list together, people seem to check in here too infrequently to be a reliable way to get a hold of other reefers. Thoughts on how to get this started?

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello neighbor!

There has been a lot of chatter about getting together the Chattanooga reef club. I have been in contact with a few of you on R2R and Facebook about hosting and there seems to be a decent number of people here who are eager to share their reef and develop a respectable reef club.

I have had a tank for over 6 years, but really, i've only been interested in the hobby the past 2 years.

In the last 2 years, this hobby has changed tremendously with technology. It's become much easier to diagnose and treat problems in the tank. However, there still seems to be a lot of reefers who are little behind the times or giving outdated advice. It's time to share what we know, and create an area reef club that attracts more and more reefers.

As it stands now, it seems that meeting up once a month at someone's house may be the best way to go, although once a month may be too often? I need some input here on what you all think.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I will keep a running list of people who want to get this going.

Also, what is the best way for us all to be in contact?

I'm thinking email may be the easiest since not everyone is on facebook or r2r.

Happy Holidays! Hope y'all get something salty!

Glenn Rudolph

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Alex! Are you still on here? We go back a few years. You were a huge help in setting up my first tank! :)

I am still around. Tank looks terrible. Baby took my attention away, amongst other things. Working this holiday season to get over my hurdles and cleaning it up.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still around. Tank looks terrible. Baby took my attention away, amongst other things. Working this holiday season to get over my hurdles and cleaning it up.
I have a 16mo old....definitely know what you mean haha

Gercoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Chattanooga here :) I'm brand new to all this. Working on building up my first Frag tank and coral growing setup. Have gotten some equipment already, and always wanting to learn more :). If anyone has a frag tank they might be looking to get rid of, I'm looking else I'm going to build mine out of Plexiglas and get going. I still need lights as well. here is a little of what I have so far, (plus a big pump etc) The Plexiglas showing is enough to build a 4'x4'x11 tank. Looking for a used 4'x8'x16" tank, else will just build as well. Planning on doing a layered setup to save room. Starting in garage with plans to expand once I get everything going.

IMG_20191130_154010111.jpg

Last edited:

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While you're cleaning up, you can come over and fix my hair algae problem! Don't know if you remember my son, Justin, who was always tagging along with me. He has a 6-month-old baby boy now!

Back