Chattanooga area reef club?

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just posted this on Facebook, but i am sharing it here too for anyone who isn't on Facebook. Hopefully we can come up with a better solution at our first get together in january!

----

Hey again ya'll!

My tank finally gets delivered today! You'd think that after 3 months of waiting, I would be ready for it...but I still have a little left to go in the fish room before I will be ready to fill it up!

That said, holidays are around the corner and we probably all have plans til 2020, so I'm thinking lets have the first New Chattanooga Reef Club meeting in January.

I will host it at my house on Signal Mountain and provide food and drinks and alcohol for anyone who wants to hang out.

So I have two ideas for "topics" and I'm going to leave it to a vote. That seemed to work well last time.

1. General meet and greet, check out my new tank and how i plumb into the crawlspace, see how i kept my corals alive and growing in my garage during these cold months, and what I have done to prepare for success during and after my move to TN.

2. General meet and greet, and chop chop chop. I am only taking the tops of my little acros and a few polyps from my favorite zoas to start my new tank, so I will have some left over stuff to share. We can do a frag party where we can share ideas with each other on how we like to frag and tips and tricks, etc. if anyone has a bandsaw, please bring it. I can set out some tanks for dips (I have a bayer and intercepter) and iodine.

3. either is good.

4. both ideas suck

My house isn't an ideal place for lots of tanks and a frag station, but i can set up a frag station in the garage.

Be on the lookout for a "pick the best date" poll very soon.

Glenn Rudolph

B.Ray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to see chattanooga get a reef club. Name a time and a date an I'll be there!

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. I saw your Facebook post as well. I’ll be sending out a poll for some potential dates soon.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on Facebook and I’m going to post this in the other R2R thread just to make sure everyone sees this!
I will make a decision on the final date in one week!
———-

Happy New Year, Reefers!

The first Chattanooga reef club is shaping up for late January. I still have a ton left to do in my basement/crawl space/fish room but I’m hopeful that putting a date on a meeting will put some pressure on myself.

Here are the options:

Saturday’s:
18, 25, 1

Sunday’s:
19,26, 2

The agenda: meet and greet and eat, quick tour around my set up, frag it up.

Feel free to stay as long as you want and leave whenever. This is mostly meant to be a “get to know you” and hang out. If you are wanting to leave with a handful of frags, this is also the place! There is going to be an optional donation box to help cover the costs for the supplies (dips, glue, plugs).
Here is what I need to know from you all in the comments:

Who is for sure coming, and who may come?
If you really want to come, is there a date you for sure cannot come?
Coral you are most interested in leaving with?
Any food requests or allergies?

I’m so so excited to have y’all over and geek out on reefing! See y’all soon!

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on fbook today. See y’all soon!

T-minus 2 weeks til our first reef club meeting!

Date: Saturday, Feb 1 at 5:30pm
What to bring: a fun attitude
What to leave with: hopefully frags and new friends

Who’s coming??

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in for sure!

We will be moving and building a new house in a year or two. I will have a new tank at the new place but only space for one nice size tank probably a 180. We have been sorting out things we will not need at the new place. I will be keeping a small 71/2 or maybe a10 gallon tank with corals but will have a bunch of other stuff to sell. To name a few, 29 & 38 acrylic tanks, 30 breeder, couple of large Reeflo pumps, a 54 corner tank W custom stand and a pair of clowns with a Ritteri anemone I've had for three years. PM me if anyone has any interest in any of this & I can tell you more or send photos or bring things to the meeting.

Hope to meet some of the great many new people since the club last met.

Jim

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I posted this on fbook today. See y’all soon!

T-minus 2 weeks til our first reef club meeting!

Date: Saturday, Feb 1 at 5:30pm
What to bring: a fun attitude
What to leave with: hopefully frags and new friends

Who’s coming??

Sorry I will be out of town but I would like to come to a future meeting!

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone following this thread: I created another thread within the group to try to keep all the reef club meetings in one place!

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef club meeting this Saturday, July 18. It’s gonna be a frag swap/sell event. All are welcome. Message me for details or look on the Facebook page!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back