CHEMICLEAN WARNING

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is unlikely to be chemiclean. Unless you rubbed the powder directly into your eyes - or you overdosed your tank. As a couple - or more people have said - right? The treatment of every eye injury is flushing with buffered saline. I hope you dont have an infection

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not sure what your argument is? I have trimmed al sorts of palys and zoas in my tank for 3 years never had a problem and I’m sure I have rubbed my eyes before. I’m not trying to say don’t use chemiclean, it works quite well. But it clearly has some chemicals in it that would confirm it is harmful if you get it in your eyes.

C730AA2E-C21D-4B47-88B9-0A21711FAF85.jpeg 25D1EC77-C80A-491D-B526-5F2B85A6EC1D.jpeg
This is not 'Chemiclean' for aquarium use - its a totally different product - from my reading - and contains: "
  1. Sodium metasilicate pentahydrate; Benzenesulfonic acid, 4-C10-13-sec-alkyl derivs; Alcohols, C12-13, branched and linear,
    ethoxylated (> 5 - < 15 EO)"

And is for 'industrial use only'

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Given the doctors went from the information I gave them witch was chemiclean why was there so much importance with flushing my eye and taking 5+ ph samples of my eyes? Was this treated the same as a general negative chemical reaction? I have heard of Palythoa toxin before but about 2years into the hobby and by then I have been cutting/ fragging zoas inside and outside the water and even destroying army of green evasive Palythoa with tweezers every month or two for a year! I’m not trying to make a mountain out o a mole hill but if it was not chemiclean have I just been lucky and dogged a bullet?
You gave them the wrong product information - I think. This is the correct information for Chemiclean (of course - you wouldn't want to put concentrated chemiclean into your eyes) - but my reading is that the product you describe is a liquid Chemiclean is a powder (though there is a liquid form): https://pentairaes.com/media/docs/BC23-MSDS-Sheet.pdf

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW, this thread is 2 years old. Hopefully his eyes have healed by now.

Yes, it was the wrong info, as noted previously.
Agreed - for some reason - I get random notifications about threads - that I posted on a long time ago - it is then unclear whats been posted before:). Sorry. And yes - hopefully his eyes are better:). Thought about you today - just read a paper I helped with on lanthanum

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW - the best investment I made was a python. Allowing me to siphon off the algae (also - flip up the sand - so that white sand is left. The more times you do this - the less 'burden' you will have - Kind of like you're your own clean up crew. Why was it a good investment? siphon off the bad - Then screw the python on to a pump to return water to the tank. No buckets. No spilling.

As to fish - choose what you want. I like Angels - I'm thinking about a blue face - which would be my first fish in perhaps 4 years

arc.flash788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the unfortunate experience of pulling on a wild shoot in my garden some years ago.
It didn't come out of the ground and I thought nothing of it.
I touched my eyes at some point afterwards and within 1/2 hr I'm in the emergency room with burning eyeballs.
It took about a week before the swelling and redness went away.
What was it that you pulled out of the ground?!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back