Kan123

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can a Pygmy/cherub angelfish be added to a 14g or would it be too small? Looking for a colorful and active fish for my reef system. Saw a Pygmy angelfish at my LFS and it caught my eye.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Sharkbait19

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Tank is too small for any angel. They will get just to large and need ample grazing room.
There are damsels with similar color that would fare better in that size tank, just don’t get any of the psycho ones.
Also Pygmy wrasses and royal grammas are beautiful, though grammas aren’t too active.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Probably would be a bit too small. The Cherub Angel can get pretty aggressive in a small tank so I would recommend at least 25-30 gallons. If you’re looking for a cool Pygmy wrasse, a pink streaked wrasse is awesome. I have one and it’s one of my favorite fish

OP
K

Kan123

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Probably would be a bit too small. The Cherub Angel can get pretty aggressive in a small tank so I would recommend at least 25-30 gallons. If you’re looking for a cool Pygmy wrasse, a pink streaked wrasse is awesome. I have one and it’s one of my favorite fish
Looks like a beautiful fish. Any idea who where I would be able to get one from lol.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Chrisv.

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Can a Pygmy/cherub angelfish be added to a 14g or would it be too small? Looking for a colorful and active fish for my reef system. Saw a Pygmy angelfish at my LFS and it caught my eye.
Yes. Go for it. All day yes. You will not regret it. They work in and out of the rocks all day. If it were a flame of go all "tang police" on you, but this fish will be perfectly fine in a 14 g. I have done it with no negative outcomes in several different tanks.

Fritz

polytoxinvibez

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Your tank is too small for a cherub. What about a royal gramma or six-line wrasse?
I just picked up a cherub today for one of my nano displays(24g) it was in a 13g display tank at the LFS for months, im not an expert here but id say the cherub wouldnt be much different than the sixline in a 14g nano if anything the sixline would be “worse” ive seen sixlines as big as 4 inches in frag tanks and no cherub bigger than not even 3 inches, my sixline’s name is kanye west he as major attitude and is not a calm fish by anymeans very darty and can be a bully i cant imagine him stuck in a smaller display with other fish hes currently in my 24gallon with the cherub and a tailspot blenny i plan on moving him into my 120gallon i just need to build up the courage to catch him but im just talking from personal experience! id say youd be okay with the cherub there aborable little fish you wont regret it if you end up getting one

Chrisv.

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I just picked up a cherub today for one of my nano displays(24g) it was in a 13g display tank at the LFS for months, im not an expert here but id say the cherub wouldnt be much different than the sixline in a 14g nano if anything the sixline would be “worse” ive seen sixlines as big as 4 inches in frag tanks and no cherub bigger than not even 3 inches, my sixline’s name is kanye west he as major attitude and is not a calm fish by anymeans very darty and can be a bully i cant imagine him stuck in a smaller display with other fish hes currently in my 24gallon with the cherub and a tailspot blenny i plan on moving him into my 120gallon i just need to build up the courage to catch him but im just talking from personal experience! id say youd be okay with the cherub there aborable little fish you wont regret it if you end up getting one
Cherub is way better suited to a nano than a six line. I have kept both.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

James M

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yes. Go for it. All day yes. You will not regret it. They work in and out of the rocks all day. If it were a flame of go all "tang police" on you, but this fish will be perfectly fine in a 14 g. I have done it with no negative outcomes in several different tanks.
Just because you can doesn’t mean you
should

TSM Aquatics

Do you keep "Reef Safe with Caution" fish?

• YES (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 294 62.3%
  • NO

Votes: 163 34.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 3.2%
Bulk Reef Supply