Cherub angelfish for 14g

Kan123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Pygmy/cherub angelfish be added to a 14g or would it be too small? Looking for a colorful and active fish for my reef system. Saw a Pygmy angelfish at my LFS and it caught my eye.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is too small for any angel. They will get just to large and need ample grazing room.
There are damsels with similar color that would fare better in that size tank, just don’t get any of the psycho ones.
Also Pygmy wrasses and royal grammas are beautiful, though grammas aren’t too active.

OP
OP
K

Kan123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pygmy wrasse looks beautiful and could do the job but am reading that it is pretty shy. Looking for a bold one to be swimming about

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would be a bit too small. The Cherub Angel can get pretty aggressive in a small tank so I would recommend at least 25-30 gallons. If you’re looking for a cool Pygmy wrasse, a pink streaked wrasse is awesome. I have one and it’s one of my favorite fish

OP
OP
K

Kan123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would be a bit too small. The Cherub Angel can get pretty aggressive in a small tank so I would recommend at least 25-30 gallons. If you’re looking for a cool Pygmy wrasse, a pink streaked wrasse is awesome. I have one and it’s one of my favorite fish
Looks like a beautiful fish. Any idea who where I would be able to get one from lol.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Pygmy/cherub angelfish be added to a 14g or would it be too small? Looking for a colorful and active fish for my reef system. Saw a Pygmy angelfish at my LFS and it caught my eye.
Yes. Go for it. All day yes. You will not regret it. They work in and out of the rocks all day. If it were a flame of go all "tang police" on you, but this fish will be perfectly fine in a 14 g. I have done it with no negative outcomes in several different tanks.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree it is too small. They are active and deserve more room. Once you consider the space the rock takes up... the fish just sort of goes in small circles.

clownfishdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is too small for a cherub. What about a royal gramma or six-line wrasse?
I just picked up a cherub today for one of my nano displays(24g) it was in a 13g display tank at the LFS for months, im not an expert here but id say the cherub wouldnt be much different than the sixline in a 14g nano if anything the sixline would be “worse” ive seen sixlines as big as 4 inches in frag tanks and no cherub bigger than not even 3 inches, my sixline’s name is kanye west he as major attitude and is not a calm fish by anymeans very darty and can be a bully i cant imagine him stuck in a smaller display with other fish hes currently in my 24gallon with the cherub and a tailspot blenny i plan on moving him into my 120gallon i just need to build up the courage to catch him but im just talking from personal experience! id say youd be okay with the cherub there aborable little fish you wont regret it if you end up getting one

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a cherub today for one of my nano displays(24g) it was in a 13g display tank at the LFS for months, im not an expert here but id say the cherub wouldnt be much different than the sixline in a 14g nano if anything the sixline would be “worse” ive seen sixlines as big as 4 inches in frag tanks and no cherub bigger than not even 3 inches, my sixline’s name is kanye west he as major attitude and is not a calm fish by anymeans very darty and can be a bully i cant imagine him stuck in a smaller display with other fish hes currently in my 24gallon with the cherub and a tailspot blenny i plan on moving him into my 120gallon i just need to build up the courage to catch him but im just talking from personal experience! id say youd be okay with the cherub there aborable little fish you wont regret it if you end up getting one
Cherub is way better suited to a nano than a six line. I have kept both.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Go for it. All day yes. You will not regret it. They work in and out of the rocks all day. If it were a flame of go all "tang police" on you, but this fish will be perfectly fine in a 14 g. I have done it with no negative outcomes in several different tanks.
Just because you can doesn’t mean you
should

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My caveat: add it last. They can be feisty as noted above. Let the more peaceful fish. Become well established before he joins the party. Start with one on the small side.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back