OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True they were so mean. But I found that the clarkii were tolerant of other clown species. I had good success for two years mixing clarkii with skunk clowns.

The tomato’s are annoying as they make clicking noises all the time. Either way both attacked me equally as much.

Go with the one that looks best in a mature state. Binactus is lovely. I made the mistake of buying ones with special coloration to only have the body turn completely black. And watch for the inbreeding varieties. They seem to have that disgusting underbite look.

OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even keep different bubbletips near each other. Over the course of a few months/a year, one of the fades away.
They are the same strain. It’s weird but they appear different under the same lighting. Just depending on placement and how happy they are.

OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank still kicking around at the 6 year mark. Doesn’t get much love anymore besides the two magnifica additions back in May. I see purple giganteas and blue Haddoni for sale but I am out of room. Maybe I can squeeze more magnifica that back wall some day.

I also find the little Nemos to be quite boring. They don’t do much. Lol

Been enjoying the pond more this summer.

55C69F4D-3E0C-4AC8-BA16-54420E308E65.jpeg

56356F9A-5EFF-4FBB-85F4-BFAFFC65D36A.jpeg

OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I traded a large RBTA for a two band rabbitfish. The fish making good headway on all the caulerpa and hair algae. Unfortunately it got scarred when I took the picture. What is interesting is that the mated clowns stopped breeding when the new tank mate arrived.

It’s also too bad that the large green Haddoni is behind the gigantea on the back wall. I don’t get to enjoy it as much anymore.

36F55F4C-BED6-41AF-BAC7-C4AD041B71AC.jpeg

3488DE94-533F-41BE-AD10-7D3B72828913.jpeg

AF243CA0-6F8E-4F45-A290-7483095FAC6A.jpeg

B6F766DC-8697-41C9-A2B0-B7424F464E12.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love it!

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Hopefully you have better luck with the Rabbitfish than I did as mine got caught by my Haddoni. I've been restocking and picked up a bunch of fish from a local who was breaking their tank down.

OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still around but gets no love or water changes. I only feed the fish flakes and top up water daily. Occasionally I will clean the glass and clip seaweed for the rabbit fish. Anemones don’t get fed ever for a long time now cleaning the power heads is rare.

Hang on skimmer really didn’t do anything but remove the surface skim. It had filter floss and carbon. But was always noisy and a hassle so it’s permanently gone.

One black box led burnt out and I’m down to two units. I moved the gigantea directly under it and it’s fine. I ordered 3 more black boxes but will replace when these two units crap out. They were only $80 each. Amazon is so cheap.

The dumb thing is that the haddoni’s, mertensii and sebae are all on the back of the tank doing very well. Oh well.

The one magnifica that constantly inflates and deflates is still kicking around. Sick as per day one but I am surprised it has survived for so long. Top left above gigantea, started the size of the large purple on the far right.

I still constantly get RBTA that go into the power head. No I’ll effects to any livestock. This happens weekly.

Having a tank in the basement is always a mistake. You can’t enjoy it if you don’t spend time down there for any other reason

Winter is when your suppose to enjoy the tank more. But it’s just boring to me now. I debate on shutting down the tank regularly. I know I would regret it though. So best to just leave it as is and hopefully it survives. Lol

6BE2FE7E-7CBE-46DB-9601-A45DC3A0DA97.jpeg

62B97A35-69C2-48F5-AE7F-0CFA4FDF5F3B.jpeg

B45640EA-0D80-402C-B1F2-FE01CA4D104B.jpeg

82185A91-509E-435D-9CFE-EFE0D7D00EA8.jpeg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still around but gets no love or water changes. I only feed the fish flakes and top up water daily. Occasionally I will clean the glass and clip seaweed for the rabbit fish. Anemones don’t get fed ever for a long time now cleaning the power heads is rare.

Hang on skimmer really didn’t do anything but remove the surface skim. It had filter floss and carbon. But was always noisy and a hassle so it’s permanently gone.

One black box led burnt out and I’m down to two units. I moved the gigantea directly under it and it’s fine. I ordered 3 more black boxes but will replace when these two units crap out. They were only $80 each. Amazon is so cheap.

The dumb thing is that the haddoni’s, mertensii and sebae are all on the back of the tank doing very well. Oh well.

The one magnifica that constantly inflates and deflates is still kicking around. Sick as per day one but I am surprised it has survived for so long. Top left above gigantea, started the size of the large purple on the far right.

I still constantly get RBTA that go into the power head. No I’ll effects to any livestock. This happens weekly.

Having a tank in the basement is always a mistake. You can’t enjoy it if you don’t spend time down there for any other reason

Winter is when your suppose to enjoy the tank more. But it’s just boring to me now. I debate on shutting down the tank regularly. I know I would regret it though. So best to just leave it as is and hopefully it survives. Lol

Please dont shut it down!! You give me tank envy haha I love all the anemones , definitely my favorite thing in the reef!

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat, except my nems don't look anywhere near as nice! Other responsibilities come first...still looks beautiful though!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I say keep it going. But if you do shut it down, I am not sure where you are at, but if I had the option, I would take all of your nems and give them a proper home. They would be well taken care of and have plenty of friends to live with.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, I had a lot of success dosing Cipro in my 55 gal anemone tank. If I had another all anemone tank, I would probably do that anytime I thought multiple anemones were sick.

OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the messages everyone. I am back to the forums again. Not ready to post updates on my tank though. But hopefully soon. And yeah I am still an anemone nut case.

I don’t have access to cipro in Canada. I am glad that you are able to dose it to your tank with much luck.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the messages everyone. I am back to the forums again. Not ready to post updates on my tank though. But hopefully soon. And yeah I am still an anemone nut case.

I don’t have access to cipro in Canada. I am glad that you are able to dose it to your tank with much luck.
Chewy.com has this new aqua Cipro. Have you checked that?

OP
OP
chizerbunoi

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that it’s banned in Canada unless prescribed by a doctor. All animal antibiotics actually. So we can’t ship them in either.

315A0F90-7369-47BE-AB81-11C80E9AEC6D.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome back. We may have to figure something out about the cipro situation lol.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back