• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Chlorinated's IM Nuvo 20

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice job and looking great!

OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Not much new. Did a water change yesterday and moved some zoas around to try and get some spread on the big branch in the middle of the tank.

The German Blue digi just keeps growing up and it about to break the water surface.

20200727_101058.jpg

OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
I have never dosed trace elements. But I am debating giving them a try.

My tank coloration is poor on some corals. I use Kak in my ATO and bi- weekly waterchanges with RSCP. Keeps my parameters very stable

Cal 450
Alk 8.5
Mag 1350
Ph 7.8-8.2 depending on the day
Salinity 1.026 using refractometer
Temp 77-78 Inkbird control with fan

4bulb T5 2 B+, C+, P+...2B+ on 12hrs. All 4 on for 10. Fixture is about 10" off the water.

All corals are happy, and have poly extension. My sunset monti is brownish with green polyps..used to look great before I almost lost the colony a year ago. Zoas don't really grow for me...I've had the same 20ish polyps for years. Changed locations, lighting...always happy, but no growth. My hammer which was bleached a year ago has only gained minimal color back. On the other hand my German blue digi grows non-stop regardless of being up under the lights on the rock or in the sand lol.

So basically, I am looking to try something new to boost colors and growth. I know from reading many reviews people get mixed results. Many also say not to dose what you can't test. I understand that perspective as well.

Anyway...any pointers or guidance is appreciated! Thanks everyone

Would you be shocked by today's reefing hobby if you had just returned after a long period of time?

• Yes (tell us why in the thread)

Votes: 197 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 18.2%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 104 27.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors