Chocolate Chip Starfish and Coral

Ariahsart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to this forum, I'm not exactly new to the hobby (almost a year in) but am when it comes to corals. I was convinced to get some coral however I have two chocolate Chip Starfish. My first basically lives on my filter or the glass and never touches the ground, and my new one sometimes does but is then back on the top next to my other one. I feed everyday if they will eat, which is between raw shrimp and brine shrimp. I was curious if anyone has successfully kept them together or what their experience was with trying? I've been told to literally euthanizing them which I don't want to do. I'd rather rehome them if need be, and are leaning towards that. I've tried here but it wouldn't let me. But I'd just like to know some of your guys experience with this.

OP
OP
Ariahsart

Ariahsart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a safe mix.
If food runs out, some corals on the menu with that star.
Even with me feeding everyday? I will end up taking them out but I was just wondering. I haven't heard many stories about it honestly.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with me feeding everyday? I will end up taking them out but I was just wondering. I haven't heard many stories about it honestly.
Corals, clams, invertebrates whatever it rolls upon.
It won’t necessarily look for them, maybe if you feed really well, IDK, not in my tank.
This includes all crabs.
Just my take

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to this forum, I'm not exactly new to the hobby (almost a year in) but am when it comes to corals. I was convinced to get some coral however I have two chocolate Chip Starfish. My first basically lives on my filter or the glass and never touches the ground, and my new one sometimes does but is then back on the top next to my other one. I feed everyday if they will eat, which is between raw shrimp and brine shrimp. I was curious if anyone has successfully kept them together or what their experience was with trying? I've been told to literally euthanizing them which I don't want to do. I'd rather rehome them if need be, and are leaning towards that. I've tried here but it wouldn't let me. But I'd just like to know some of your guys experience with this.
they will eat corals and nems. They are evil, how did you end up with them?

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they don't care how much you feed really. I don't think starfish really get "hungry". They roll over food and eat it. That will include your corals. And it has nothing to do with how much or what you feed.

OP
OP
Ariahsart

Ariahsart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals, clams, invertebrates whatever it rolls upon.
It won’t necessarily look for them, maybe if you feed really well, IDK, not in my tank.
This includes all crabs.
Just my take
Oh okay, thanks for the perspective

lilly.hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t risk it. I have a cc star too I also get very tempted to buy corals but it’s to risky. Cc stars will eat anything they can get, they are predators.

OP
OP
Ariahsart

Ariahsart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t risk it. I have a cc star too I also get very tempted to buy corals but it’s to risky. Cc stars will eat anything they can get, they are predators.
Yeah, I just rehomed them. Day before I caught one of them attempting to eat my turbo snail and it just sat there letting it happen‍

20220609_190753.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back