Clean Up Crew vs. Clownfish (plus tank update :D)

GenericReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys!
First, there has been a major change in my tank! When my 10 gallon finished it's cycle, I did a complete water change, and transfered everything inside into a 5 gallon aquarium, and everything fits quite snugly. I overall like the look of it, and don't mind the disadvantages of it. The only equipment change is the new (and honestly.. much better) filter and the light will be the Aquamaxx Nemolight Nano. It's getting here and I'm using the included led light for now. I would like to thank everybody who gave me each a special piece of information. You all have made the transition and steps to reefing easy peasy. I go on, but won't divert from the original topic! ;)

Parameters- ammonia: untraceable, nitrite: untraceable, nitrate: less that 5 ppm, and it looks like diatoms are growing. I want a small, snails only, low maintainance Clean Up Crew, so should I add it now? For other livestock, just an Ocellaris Clownfish and some soft corals (Zenia, GSP, and Toadstools) with some copepods in the tank, too. What order should I add any suggested Clean Up Crews, and when?
default_smile.png

p.s- I can't wait for the corals and Clownfish either. How long will it be until I can add them?

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 45 day is safe to start adding the clean up crew, at about 75 days add a hardy coral, and at about 90 you should be ready for fish. Patients is your reefing buddy;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back