cleaner shrimp not looking well

  • Thread starter Thread starter riosf63
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riosf63

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Ramsey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have a quesiton about my cleaner shrimp I've had this guy for quite a few months and hes more than doubled in size. Never had any problems always all over the tank especially when I feed the tank when I get home from work. There is a spot in the tank he always tends to stay behind some rock work but he's always visible. Today I get home from work he is sitting on the sand bed right out front not really moving. I feed the tank he doens't budge (definitely not like him). This weekend I changed the rock work around and did a water change as my nitrate and phosphates were a little high. I also changed the phosphate remover in my filter. But still I would think this would make things in the tank better not cause any issues. Everything else in the tank looks normal and is behaving as usual. He moved a little since i got home to a new spot behind the rock work and it almost seems like he's shaking a little bit, every couple seconds or minute his antennae jerk realy quick but he doesn't move any more than that. He just shed like a week ago two at the most (i think i read somewhere that the spaztic motion could be them sheding) so i doubt thats what it would be I just wanted to get a few idea and see if there is anything I could do to help him.
 
I had one that acted similarly. Unfortunately, it didn't last too long after that. I hope you have a better outcome than I did.

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new