Cleaning test kit glassware

shollis2814

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
599
Reaction score
345
Location
Nashville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you do this? Aside from RODI rinse? I am leery of using soap, but I am noticing some hard water residue and films on some of my glassware from my test kits and presume that can throw the tests off. Rinse with H2o2? Run through the dishwasher with no soap? Worrying too much about soap?

Thanks for any input.
 
you can clean glasswear (and anything else in your tank) any way you want to or need to, various acids (like lactic acid) to remove Calcium Carbonate, Peroxide to remove organics etc providing you thoroughly rinse the item afterwards. This can be with just normal tap water first, before a final dip(s) in clean RODI.
 
A little soaking in distilled white vinegar followed by a RO/DI or distilled water rinse should do the trick.
 
Yes agreed

Bon ami cleaner from the sixties was the staple cleaner for all tubes and glassware and slides and everything for univ microbiology lab I'll never forget the smell. Rinses clean no scratch

Vinegar would be my choice too for your calcification issue/crusting
 
I store my glass in a screw top Tupperware covered with vinegar, rinse, use, rinse, replace.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new