da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it's time to desin a new tank.

Dimentions of the tank are 58x24x24.

I'm so sick and tired of wading through all the threads online about closed loop systems. Can someone point me to an article/s on closed loops?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all that pluming stuff is like greek to me, I read it and just glaze over.....That will be a nice sized tank.....

OP
OP
da6d2003

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I give up on the closed loop. Too complicated for me. I'm going to just use the tunzes. These you can move around atleast.

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David, based on past experience, the closed loop ideas is next to worthless. It's actually more headache, not just the plumbing part. I have a closed loop on my current tank that's non-functional b/c I got tired of trying to make it work. And I can't take the danged thing out without draining the tank.

My next tank will be using a Tunze Wavebox, Streams, and a couple of WavySeas.

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys it's really not complicated, water straight out of tank into pump and back into tank... What are you having problems with?

OP
OP
da6d2003

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys it's really not complicated, water straight out of tank into pump and back into tank... What are you having problems with?

Once I realized that 2 pumps are used used on closed loops.(typically) Now I understand. Now that I understand the theory it's not complicated.

My concern now is that it's too static. I have always enjoyed being able to fine tune and move powerheads around. I just don't want to be married to a specific setup.

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only a 30 custom acrylic tank. I had the holes drilled when I had it made. Plumbed it all with a scwd. Still attached till the day the tank comes down :D

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THer cost comparision for energy is usually moer on a closed loop also I have found the Tunzes or Hydors or mods of MAxies to be cheaper to run?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David, based on past experience, the closed loop ideas is next to worthless. It's actually more headache, not just the plumbing part. I have a closed loop on my current tank that's non-functional b/c I got tired of trying to make it work. And I can't take the danged thing out without draining the tank.

My next tank will be using a Tunze Wavebox, Streams, and a couple of WavySeas.

you can use rubber plugs over the holes, cut the PVC glue on a cap sell the rest of the BS LOL remove plug.........

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 82 47.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back