Closed up Duncan???

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Just seeing if anyone familiar with duncan corals might have an idea of why mine has been closed up for a week. The duncan has been in tank almost a year. Has grown from one head to 5-6, it looks like it recently started to grow even more. Well last week i went to vegas for a week and had my auto feeder with pellets and flakes set to feed tank instead of the frozen food i do daily. Since coming back the duncan has been closed up with just a bit of its sweepers out. Nothing else in the tank (many laps and spa) have any issues. I did a water change the day after like i planned to do anyway, checked levels the day after that and nothing swung. Maybe they did but the water change messed my testing up???? And at that point i didn't think anything of the duncan closed up. Anyway its been over a week now and its still closed. no tissue loss or anything just won't open. No new fish or anything in tank, no one messing with it????? Is it possible it just didn't eat like normal for a week and ticked it off so will take time to rebound? Is it doing this because its growing heads? Any clues?

Tank is over 5 years old. No parameter swings.

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check for pests? I have Duncan’s and they are usually always open. Any thing else that could irritate it?

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing that i could think of. nothing has been added to tank either in a long time so not sure what pest could be or came from if that was it???

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything else is correct , I can’t really think of any other reasons. They could be “feeding” , do you dose with anything ? you can try to move it to different flow and lighting conditions and see how it does .

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do have a top full favor in the area but have never seen sweepers out nearly close enough to touch it? I do not dose anything. I will keep watching. Maybe i will pull it and dip and see???

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back