Tds. 1

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it's a little Frustrating would buying a uv Sterilizer be worth it
Almost certainly. That would help if it is either bacteria or algae.

Are you still getting a slimy coating in your filter socks?

Do you notice if it is worse at night than in the morning?

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more slime anywhere in the tank. I'll check before I leave for work tomorrow I'm out the house a 5 in the morning. When I get home it does seem to get a little worst around the time the light goes off I'll double check tho

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add Chemipure? Make sure it's in a good place to have water flow through it. When I start a tank I let it run initially without and then about a month in they get cloudy. Once I make sure my filter floss or sock is not allowing anything to go around it, then I go to ChemiPure. Clears me up within a day.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more slime anywhere in the tank. I'll check before I leave for work tomorrow I'm out the house a 5 in the morning. When I get home it does seem to get a little worst around the time the light goes off I'll double check tho
If the filter socks aren't slimy then it makes me think algae and not bacteria. I would at least be running GAC or something like ChemiPure as both can help. Adding plants to your fuge could help, also. Another option would be to use something like Vibrant. I would do this as a last resort if you didn't want to spend the money on a UV.

How often do you have to clean the inside of your aquarium glass?

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add Chemipure? Make sure it's in a good place to have water flow through it. When I start a tank I let it run initially without and then about a month in they get cloudy. Once I make sure my filter floss or sock is not allowing anything to go around it, then I go to ChemiPure. Clears me up within a day.
No I having yet I'm going to I need to order it the kids want 35$ for the 11 ounce. I'm going to order it today. Can I just put it in the filter sock?

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the filter socks aren't slimy then it makes me think algae and not bacteria. I would at least be running GAC or something like ChemiPure as both can help. Adding plants to your fuge could help, also. Another option would be to use something like Vibrant. I would do this as a last resort if you didn't want to spend the money on a UV.

How often do you have to clean the inside of your aquarium glass?

Once a week cause I was working nights I'm back on days now I can do better Maintenance. I'm going to try the chemo pure 1st also start my Refugium and see how that goes

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't put it in the sock, I tend to keep it after the sock. That way it sock does it's job of getting those particles out and you use more surface area of the sock and not the chemipure bag.. If you want to post a pic of the sump we can figure it out. I got creative with my R-100 sump and put it in the sock chamber but on the outside where it will flow through going over to my skimmer. So I took the sock out, then placed the bag inside against the outflow from that chamber, then put the sock back. Works great.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sound like the tank is allergic to ya. :D

Kill the lights for a few days and cut the feeding in half. See if it clears up.

If so then resume with less lighting and adjust to where the tank stays clear.

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sound like the tank is allergic to ya. :D

Kill the lights for a few days and cut the feeding in half. See if it clears up.

If so then resume with less lighting and adjust to where the tank stays clear.
Lol. Starting to think so. I'm going to try that as well. I'll cut it down to 8 hours. I use to have 2 hydra 26s cut it to one

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't put it in the sock, I tend to keep it after the sock. That way it sock does it's job of getting those particles out and you use more surface area of the sock and not the chemipure bag.. If you want to post a pic of the sump we can figure it out. I got creative with my R-100 sump and put it in the sock chamber but on the outside where it will flow through going over to my skimmer. So I took the sock out, then placed the bag inside against the outflow from that chamber, then put the sock back. Works great.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/60-gal-cube-noob-build.327042/

There a link to my build you can see the pic of the sump there it's a emerald trigger cube btw

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I say anything, beautiful sump!! I had to stop looking because my wallet was in my hand before I knew it..

I think you have two options. You can place it in the sock compartment (My example https://www.instagram.com/p/BcTXec6jveG/ ). Just take the sock out and place it in there. The other location is between compartment 3 (refugium) and 4 (return section). Looks like there is an overflow from 3 and then goes down through that sponge into 4. You can place it on top of the sponge. Just like that sponge, clean it to ensure good flow, just make sure nothing huge is clumping on it to avoid overflow as with all items. Just my thoughts, but very nice, I'm going back to see your tank, I never made it past the sump, lol....

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I say anything, beautiful sump!! I had to stop looking because my wallet was in my hand before I knew it..

I think you have two options. You can place it in the sock compartment (My example https://www.instagram.com/p/BcTXec6jveG/ ). Just take the sock out and place it in there. The other location is between compartment 3 (refugium) and 4 (return section). Looks like there is an overflow from 3 and then goes down through that sponge into 4. You can place it on top of the sponge. Just like that sponge, clean it to ensure good flow, just make sure nothing huge is clumping on it to avoid overflow as with all items. Just my thoughts, but very nice, I'm going back to see your tank, I never made it past the sump, lol....

Thanks took some Convincing with the wife for that sump. Ya I like idea of putting it under the filter socks. I'm going to try there 1st. And thanks any more advice you can give one the tank build will be Appreciated

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cloudiness left
Screenshot_20171217-121255.jpg
Screenshot_20171217-121250.jpg
and then came back of his test my water in this is what I came up with

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We it got less cloudy then u woke up today and it's back to being super cloudy

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again, please take a picture of the tank cloudy. When was the last water change? are the filter socks seated properly and no water is bypassing them? Also, how often do you change the socks?

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last water change was last saturday. filter socks are place flush and are change every 3 days. i also use filter floss to try and help ill post a pick in a min

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back