Clown Disease ID

kstradtman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added two clowns to my third marine tank. They are the first guys in. He had this spot come up in his eye and it seems to be getting bigger. Any idea what it could be? I don’t think uronemia which I had before on some fish. The white horizontal line is gone but the spot is causing his eye to look scaly.

IMG_5382.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I added two clowns to my third marine tank. They are the first guys in. He had this spot come up in his eye and it seems to be getting bigger. Any idea what it could be? I don’t think uronemia which I had before on some fish. The white horizontal line is gone but the spot is causing his eye to look scaly.

IMG_5382.jpeg
Looks more like Ann injury than disease
Have these two fought or are fighting?

OP
OP
K

kstradtman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like Ann injury than disease
Have these two fought or are fighting?
Thank you for the response. I thought injury - they’ve been in the tank two days. The smaller one has been exploring more and the bigger guy (the injured one) is hanging in the corner. Maybe he’s being bullied.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for the response. I thought injury - they’ve been in the tank two days. The smaller one has been exploring more and the bigger guy (the injured one) is hanging in the corner. Maybe he’s being bullied.
Larger generally female but aggression is my suspect
If she’s still eating, you can set your phone to video mode and feed them and run video for 20 mins - you MUST walk away
Come back and review and see if the aggressor is causing issues especially at feeding time

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5382.jpeg
Although it doesn’t look exactly the same, take a look at this thread:

Jay

OP
OP
K

kstradtman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown was close to dying so we euthanized her with the freezer. She was floating upside down and barely moving. I think her eye was gone so I think it validated aggression issues. I’m glad it wasn’t a parasite or illness but hate a critter dying.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back