Clown Fish Not Pairing

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had 2 gladiator clowns for almost 3 months now and are still fighting. Similar in size but one is slighter smaller and gets picked on through out the day. He turns white as well. But overall health is good and eats. Got him out the back chambers about 5 times now even with a guard over the back so obviously don't like being in there with him. How much longer do i wait it out for them to pair?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom wanted to introduce me to the nicest single “sweetheart” at her church.
Arrangements you make are not necessarily going to appeal to the fish you think are wonderful.
Love Island Dancing GIF by PeacockTV

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Have had 2 gladiator clowns for almost 3 months now and are still fighting. Similar in size but one is slighter smaller and gets picked on through out the day. He turns white as well. But overall health is good and eats. Got him out the back chambers about 5 times now even with a guard over the back so obviously don't like being in there with him. How much longer do i wait it out for them to pair?
Its a hierarchy with clowns and the larger generally the female and also the aggressor and will bully, push the male around, claim all the food why the male is smaller and claim most of the tank real estate

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a hierarchy with clowns and the larger generally the female and also the aggressor and will bully, push the male around, claim all the food why the male is smaller and claim most of the tank real estate
So it’s almost like humans except for the last part :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To elaborate, if you have older fish they may have already transitioned to female and the war will end only when one or more have died.
It’s possible that they are still working it out, and the war can end only after the strongest dominates the male. If they are both already female they will fight to the end.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So originally clown #1 the bigger and aggressive one was already paired with a another clown when i originally both them as a pair. The bigger one at the time was not doing well(was in that same condition at the store think he would bounce back in there own tank) well the smaller one(#1) was healthy and wouldnt leave her side. I switched out the sick one for this new one #2 and he is slight smaller and its been going on for months now. Good health just looses his color to white and getting picked on. Im cool with the lfs guy and will swap me out or even return it. Should i just get a new one? Leaning towards and black one now even tho at first i didnt care for one
It’s possible that they are still working it out, and the war can end only after the strongest dominates the male. If they are both already female they will fight to the end.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also smaller one is still twitching at the other so think theres still a chance? They are juvis also
To elaborate, if you have older fish they may have already transitioned to female and the war will end only when one or more have died.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom wanted to introduce me to the nicest single “sweetheart” at her church.
Arrangements you make are not necessarily going to appeal to the fish you think are wonderful.
Love Island Dancing GIF by PeacockTV
Didnt know you were a clown-fish.. or fish went to church. But hopefully my find jesus and pair. Thank you for your reply

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back