Clown fish string hanging from stomach

LB Dantzler

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
Location
St. Petersburg, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our male Clownfish had a little brown string hanging from his stomach tonight. Could just be poop, but it's the first time we've seen it in 2 months so it was odd. Then, 2 minutes later our female clown had it too. Also, brown. Just want to know what you guys think about it, should we be worried? The male'a fell off pretty quickly, but the female's is still stuck to her.

IMG_1303.JPG
 
Poop. Brown is good, white is bad. As long as it doesn't turn white I think things are fine and others will chime in here after me I'm sure , but I think you're OK. Looks like they probably just having a good one .
 
Last edited:
What meds should I use if it's white??
 
What meds should I use if it's white??
Metroplex and focus by seachem to bind it to food. Even better would be treatment in a qt with metro in the water. If not white though, to reiterate, I wouldn't worry.
 
Makes the corals happy, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new