Clown fish white spots on blue light?

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

Today I noticed these tiny white spots on my clownfish, is kind of weird cause it only looks like that under blue light, just wondering if you could give me some advice on him (I am new in this hobby just started this year), he is swimming normally and not acting weird at all.
I do have a QT in case it is needed.

Water levels are normal just nitrates are a little hard, I am already working on it.

Thanks, guys for the help!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-05-18 at 5.49.35 PM.mp4
    2.2 MB

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post pictures taken in white light and your water parameters. From what I see, my bet is either brooklynella or late stage ich - probably the former. Have you had any other fish die?

You need to get your quarantine tank set up asap with an airstone, pvc pipe for hiding places, a (non API) test kit for ammonia if you don't already have, a filter and thermometer. All of your fish will need to be treated and your tank will have to go fallow for 45 days minimum. If it's not too late tonight, I would go purchase Ruby Reef Rally Pro at your LFS or order it online for next day delivery. It will treat both of these conditions. I also have had luck with Hydroplex doing a 10 minute saltwater dip to kill the bugs on their body. The long term treatment is still needed though.

OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post pictures taken in white light and your water parameters. From what I see, my bet is either brooklynella or late stage ich - probably the former. Have you had any other fish die?

You need to get your quarantine tank set up asap with an airstone, pvc pipe for hiding places, a (non API) test kit for ammonia if you don't already have, a filter and thermometer. All of your fish will need to be treated and your tank will have to go fallow for 45 days minimum. If it's not too late tonight, I would go purchase Ruby Reef Rally Pro at your LFS or order it online for next day delivery. It will treat both of these conditions. I also have had luck with Hydroplex doing a 10 minute saltwater dip to kill the bugs on their body. The long term treatment is still needed though.
Here are some other pictures
Ammonia levels are 0
I’ll set up qt tomorrow morning and add medicine.
And actually had a royal gramma died couple days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5412.jpeg
    IMG_5412.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5411.jpeg
    IMG_5411.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5410.jpeg
    IMG_5410.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Si think to do is: mount qt transfer all fishes, treat them all and leave the other tank empty for at lest 45 days?

OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if you can take a video in white light. These pictures don't look as bad as your first picture which does not compute!
That’s the thing!
spots are only visible under blue light, with no light spots are not visible, also under white light (I currently do not have a white light just blue) (so as I say white light I used other source of light) anyway spots are only visible in blue light

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back