Clown Fish with Flatworm Shaped Marking on Tail

enlighten

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Messages
587
Reaction score
362
Location
Clovis
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I do? These marks just appeared, I tried to take a photo for reference.

IMG_7660.jpeg
IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7650.jpeg
 
What should I do? These marks just appeared, I tried to take a photo for reference.

IMG_7660.jpeg
IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7650.jpeg
Looks like either sand grains or fin ray issue but sand is jumping out. You can approach the fish with a net without netting it and see if they fall off or check in morning. Should not have multiplied and may be gone
 
Looks like either sand grains or fin ray issue but sand is jumping out. You can approach the fish with a net without netting it and see if they fall off or check in morning. Should not have multiplied and may be gone
Just chased it around for a bit, but no luck. Seems to be attached.
 
They do sleep at the top of the and get sucked into the aio baffles kinda, I wonder if its tail damage from that.
 
They do sleep at the top of the and get sucked into the aio baffles kinda, I wonder if its tail damage from that.
As mentioned- possible fin ray issue
They have heavy slime and if sand may fall off with the net trick
Check in the morning
 
What should I do? These marks just appeared, I tried to take a photo for reference.

IMG_7660.jpeg
IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7650.jpeg
I have no idea but the photo's are amazing close ups of the issue, whatever this might be?
 
Might be a fluke. Is the fish flashing? If it’s a fluke you will see it in different spots as it will move around on the fish. Freshwater dip worked for me.
 
What should I do? These marks just appeared, I tried to take a photo for reference.

IMG_7660.jpeg
IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7650.jpeg

I agree, this looks like fin damage. I can sort of see a shadow or a scrape ahead of each of the white spots.

Flukes won't be so evident as that, you typically cannot see flukes, only the skin damage that they cause.

The only parasite that is this large are some external crustaceans. You only see those in tanks that have had live rock direct from the ocean added to them...did you do that?

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new