Clown in Overflow

sailfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am posting this for anyone that has a new biocube. My clownfish like to sleep at the top of the back wall. Well...last night he must have gotten to close to the return sump and fell in:squigglemouth:. I haven't caught him yet, but I need to go and get a net. Anyway, this isn't the first creature to flow over that area. Numerous snails have found their way down, but not back up. I will be getting some screen or something and placing over the hole. Just wanted to give a heads up to any newbies to biocubes out there.

:bigsmile:

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that happened to me one time. I was like hey where did my clown go one day and i opened it up to look back there and he was just chilling there.

OP
OP
sailfin

sailfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. The amount od poop back there was gross. I even just cleaned it thoroughly a month ago. I need to find a way to keep the crap, no pun intended, out of there.

BTW...the stupid fish did it again. With the holidays I haven't had a chance to fis the problem yet.

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to siphon water out of the overflow when I do waterchanges.. keeps everything in check. I also leave a couple snails there too, as mine allowed light to enter.

SS

poolshark181

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used black gutterguard to cover the teeth of my overflow. works like a charm and blends in. i zip tied it in case i want to remove it later.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time he ends up in there, bait the hook and fish him out. Maybe the trauma of being hooked will learn him to stay outta there? :squigglemouth:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back