Clownfish dying

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have an odd ball question, so in my tank stock I have a Purple Tang, Blue tang, blue throat trigger, pistol shrimp with a pistol goby and a red scooter. My tank parameters are all normal I’ve taken multiple water samples to World Wide Coral and run a full test and they’ve said everything is fine. This is my second time but my Clownfish keep dying, I believe it to be ich or maybe velvet I’m not sure, all the other fish in the tank has no sign of the white spots and stringy white stuff on them, any ideas as to why my clownfish are being effected?

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have an odd ball question, so in my tank stock I have a Purple Tang, Blue tang, blue throat trigger, pistol shrimp with a pistol goby and a red scooter. My tank parameters are all normal I’ve taken multiple water samples to World Wide Coral and run a full test and they’ve said everything is fine. This is my second time but my Clownfish keep dying, I believe it to be ich or maybe velvet I’m not sure, all the other fish in the tank has no sign of the white spots and stringy white stuff on them, any ideas as to why my clownfish are being effected?
Do you have pictures of the effected clowns

OP
OP
Isaac_Tang

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pictures of the effected clowns
These are pictures I took last night and this morning poor little guy died this morning I took out of the tank right away and he didn’t appear any different but now looking at my trigger I see some white spots on him too now

Attachments

• 0E39B1CC-373C-41BA-8DF1-C923E3552ED9.jpeg
    0E39B1CC-373C-41BA-8DF1-C923E3552ED9.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 51
  • AA2C6151-CC7A-4394-B0E5-D9B2E5F04E33.jpeg
    AA2C6151-CC7A-4394-B0E5-D9B2E5F04E33.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 78AA9A93-E696-4BAC-A0E0-42BC9964C9AE.jpeg
    78AA9A93-E696-4BAC-A0E0-42BC9964C9AE.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Isaac_Tang

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a QT system Running im gonna at someone who know alot more about this stuff and will break it down for ya

@Jay Hemdal
I do have a small QT system it’s a small 10g tank with just live rock, the first time this happened was about 2 months ago and my tangs got ich or velvet and they survived perfectly healthy but now after adding the two clowns and trigger I’m worried bc I don’t want this to happen to the tangs again

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are pictures I took last night and this morning poor little guy died this morning I took out of the tank right away and he didn’t appear any different but now looking at my trigger I see some white spots on him too now
Hi, can you get pictures in brighter/white light? It is difficult to really see much under blue lights like this. One thing I can see is that in the first picture, one clown as mucus feces/stringy. That may not be the primary issue, but it is something to be noted. I can also see some slight fin damage, possibly from fighting.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it sounds like the ich/velvet never got fully irradictaced and just stop showing symtoms on fish and its back now
Yes - I bet that's what's going on, I just can't see anything in the pictures other than the feces and torn fins.

Jay

Back