ClownFish hostility

TGREGS19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have had two clownfish for roughly 3 months now and my LFS just told me I could get two more the other day. So I got two babies and to no surprise, the older brother (or sister lol) is being very mean to the new two fish, pinning them in a corner behind my protein skimmer. Their bottom fins are roughed up a little and some bits are missing. At night, all four of them cuddle up together in a corner of the tank. So I’m not sure what to do. Should I...

- trade the babies back in for a different, more community like fish.

- trade the older clowns back in for a new fish and this way, all the fish in my tank would be new and not have “territories”

- or let it play its course and see what happens.

thank you guys in advance!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R! Unless you have a large tank, more than two clownfish in the same tank will often be a problem. Recommendations for additional fish is a bit of a challenge without knowing a little bit more about your system such as the size, aquascaping, and substrate.

OP
OP
TGREGS19

TGREGS19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcometoR2R! Unless you have a large tank, more than two clownfish in the same tank will often be a problem. Recommendations for additional fish is a bit of a challenge without knowing a little bit more about your system such as the size, aquascaping, and substrate.
I Have a 38 Gallon tall with 28 lbs of rock. I’ll attach a picture below. I have this aquascape with one additional island rock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
TGREGS19

TGREGS19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of trading for a Midas Blenny. What’s your thoughts

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, your tank is probably a bit small for 4 clowns (unless all added at same time from the same hatch).

Back