ClownFish hostility

TGREGS19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have had two clownfish for roughly 3 months now and my LFS just told me I could get two more the other day. So I got two babies and to no surprise, the older brother (or sister lol) is being very mean to the new two fish, pinning them in a corner behind my protein skimmer. Their bottom fins are roughed up a little and some bits are missing. At night, all four of them cuddle up together in a corner of the tank. So I’m not sure what to do. Should I...

- trade the babies back in for a different, more community like fish.

- trade the older clowns back in for a new fish and this way, all the fish in my tank would be new and not have “territories”

- or let it play its course and see what happens.

thank you guys in advance!
 
#WelcometoR2R! Unless you have a large tank, more than two clownfish in the same tank will often be a problem. Recommendations for additional fish is a bit of a challenge without knowing a little bit more about your system such as the size, aquascaping, and substrate.
 
#WelcometoR2R! Unless you have a large tank, more than two clownfish in the same tank will often be a problem. Recommendations for additional fish is a bit of a challenge without knowing a little bit more about your system such as the size, aquascaping, and substrate.
I Have a 38 Gallon tall with 28 lbs of rock. I’ll attach a picture below. I have this aquascape with one additional island rock.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 83
#WelcometoR2R! Unless you have a large tank, more than two clownfish in the same tank will often be a problem. Recommendations for additional fish is a bit of a challenge without knowing a little bit more about your system such as the size, aquascaping, and substrate.
I was thinking of trading for a Midas Blenny. What’s your thoughts
 
IMO, your tank is probably a bit small for 4 clowns (unless all added at same time from the same hatch).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new