Clownfish in trouble - HELP!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this morning both clownfish look marginally better, but they both ate a little. I will take that as good news. I know it may take some days before they are through the worst of it, but I feel like I've done all I can so far. Now, its just time to be patient.

I'm late to the game, but it looks like you've got things under control. Did the "white specs that were in the FW dip bucket" look anything like what you see below?

1459813183075-jpg.336939

OP
OP
jeffberens

jeffberens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm late to the game, but it looks like you've got things under control. Did the "white specs that were in the FW dip bucket" look anything like what you see below?

1459813183075-jpg.336939
Hard to say. There were only a couple that I noticed and they didn't curl up like that. Here is a picture for what it's worth
20170326_204200.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree.. they don't look like flukes.

OP
OP
jeffberens

jeffberens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both clownfish are now eating and look a little bit better and more active. Not back to their former selves, but moving in the right direction.

I am testing and my Copper levels are staying consistent and I am continuing to dose Metro every 2 days. I did not add furan-2 or anything because they didn't look too bad. Is that a mistake and would it help?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not add furan-2 or anything because they didn't look too bad. Is that a mistake and would it help?

I wouldn't add Furan-2 unless you see signs of infection. The less meds you can use to get the job done, the better.

OP
OP
jeffberens

jeffberens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Both clownfish are eating like pigs and looking much better. I do have a few questions:

1. Do I continue to keep copper at 2ppm for 30 days?

2. I have 5 Dispar Anthias that are nearing the end of their 12 days in TTM and I need to know if they would be ok to go in the copper medicated tank with the clownfish and have everybody in there for an extended observation or If I need to come up with other arrangements so the anthias don't go into the Copper medicated tank.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Do I continue to keep copper at 2ppm for 30 days?

I would, yes. Play it safe.

2. I have 5 Dispar Anthias that are nearing the end of their 12 days in TTM and I need to know if they would be ok to go in the copper medicated tank with the clownfish and have everybody in there for an extended observation or If I need to come up with other arrangements so the anthias don't go into the Copper medicated tank.

You can treat the anthias with copper (again, to play it safe); but they would need to be slowly acclimated into full copper conditions. To accomplish this, I would lower the copper to 0.5 ppm in the clownfish QT, drip acclimate the anthias into that and then raise the copper back up to 2.0 ppm over a period of 4-5 days.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can treat the anthias with copper (again, to play it safe); but they would need to be slowly acclimated into full copper conditions. To accomplish this, I would lower the copper to 0.5 ppm in the clownfish QT, drip acclimate the anthias into that and then raise the copper back up to 2.0 ppm over a period of 4-5 days.

agreed... I just want to point out that this will restart the 30 day clock for the copper treatment as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back