Clownfish Infection?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#jayhemdal
I have just finished 15 days of Flux RX for GHA and my clown has this white speckled area on the top - one side only - of his body. My guess is a bacterial or fungus infection. I haven't added anything to my tank since April and those were frags. I have Kanaplex and Melafix. What is your diagnosis? Thank you!

Clown 1.jpg Clown 2.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#jayhemdal
I have just finished 15 days of Flux RX for GHA and my clown has this white speckled area on the top - one side only - of his body. My guess is a bacterial or fungus infection. I haven't added anything to my tank since April and those were frags. I have Kanaplex and Melafix. What is your diagnosis? Thank you!

Clown 1.jpg Clown 2.jpg
Sorry - I can’t make out any details in the photo…is it on the right side of the fish? Was it in with another clown that it might have been fighting with?
Jay

OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I can’t make out any details in the photo…is it on the right side of the fish? Was it in with another clown that it might have been fighting with?
Jay
No other clowns in tank. I don't think there is any aggression from other fish but couldn't 100% rule it out. It is a light dusting somewhat raised bumpy area on the top right side area only. Doesn't look like mucus nor brooklynella. Nor does it look like ich. I just put Kanaplex in to treat him.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No other clowns in tank. I don't think there is any aggression from other fish but couldn't 100% rule it out. It is a light dusting somewhat raised bumpy area on the top right side area only. Doesn't look like mucus nor brooklynella. Nor does it look like ich. I just put Kanaplex in to treat him.
If you can get a clearer photo from the side, I might be able to tell more, but I’d say an antibiotic would be a good start in any event.
Jay

OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get a clearer photo from the side, I might be able to tell more, but I’d say an antibiotic would be a good start in any event.
Jay
He is looking better today with the Kanaplex treatment. Will see how it goes. Thank you!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back