Clownfish losing colour?

harry98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Bought my first clownfish and he’s in my tank on its 3rd day of cycling using atm colony. Ammonia levels are at 0.03ppm so all happy with that.

I’ve noticed that he’s slightly translucent, and I’m wondering whether this is a sign of general stress or more likely to be disease?

He came from a coral frag tank at my lfs where he was with 2 other clowns, he was noticeably the lightest of the three. Potentially could’ve been getting bullied by the other 2? I chose this one in particular as he’d been in there for a while and this tank isn’t connected to the other tanks directly so I thought he’d avoid a majority of the pests and diseases new fish bring in.

Otherwise he’s eating greedily, swimming normally as far as I can tell. Never really hides and just explores his new tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5345.MOV
    29.4 MB

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks OK in the video. No blushing is visible. Its not a prime environment at 3 days but the fish does not look to have any sign of disease. Watch for fast breathing and keep an eye on the ammonia.

OP
OP
H

harry98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh ideal, thank you. The bottled bacteria recommended fish on day one but I’ve got a sea Chem ammonia alert and manually test for ammonia once a day so if the levels start to creep up too much I’ll do a large water change. I’ll keep an eye on him, thank you

Trigger guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose seachem prime to help with ammonia and nitrites - band aid though. If the ammonia begins to climb try instant ocean biro spira. It helps to boost your bio till fully established. Fish looks good to me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back