Clownfish nipping on mushroom

toadstool_paradise

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
588
Reaction score
506
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this midnight ocellaris clown for a year and a half and today I noticed she was nipping the edges of my giant red mushroom. She doesn’t do much damage and I wonder if she’s thinking of hosting it? My yellow watchman goby keeps chasing her away because it’s next to his cave but she goes right back to it haha. I know clowns in the wild wiIl nibble anemones to get used to the stinging cells I wonder if that’s what mine is doing but with a big mushroom coral instead? Anyone else have their clown do the same?
 
Ocellaris clowns are weird and will dang near host anything. So it wouldn’t surprise me if it was trying to host the mushroom. But most of the time the stick to the top corner of the tank like crazies!
 
Ocellaris clowns are weird and will dang near host anything. So it wouldn’t surprise me if it was trying to host the mushroom. But most of the time the stick to the top corner of the tank like crazies!
Yep she’s been hosting the front left corner for a year hahaha
 
I had a black phantom ocellaris that used to eat baby mushrooms that popped off. She did it once to a jawbreaker and i gave it the benifit of the doubt. When i caught her eating an og bouce baby she was rehomed
 
So I’ve had this midnight ocellaris clown for a year and a half and today I noticed she was nipping the edges of my giant red mushroom. She doesn’t do much damage and I wonder if she’s thinking of hosting it? My yellow watchman goby keeps chasing her away because it’s next to his cave but she goes right back to it haha. I know clowns in the wild wiIl nibble anemones to get used to the stinging cells I wonder if that’s what mine is doing but with a big mushroom coral instead? Anyone else have their clown do the same?
My clowns and coral beauty plus my diamond goby seem to kill every coral I get. The clowns take out small mushrooms the diamond goby buries anything I put on the bottom half of the tank and the coral beauty finishes off the rest. I just got 34 corals from my uncle and most were not doing well but now I am down to 6 or so and most were killed. I stick to fish now but 34 for free was worth a try right.
 
Most likely looking to host the area, and honestly clowns have some really interesting and corky behavior!

My pair of clowns are some goofs to say the least.

giphy.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new