Clownfish reef safe?

Reaf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Duncan coral in my tank and have read some comments on the forums where clownfish have harassed them to death, perhaps from trying to host and was wondering whether people really view clownfish as reef safe? If not what are good alternatives?

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most clownfish prefer to host powerheads. Mine took 1.5years to start hosting corals. Duncan should be fine.

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure some may try to, but I’m also sure that if there are any other corals in there, the clowns would probably go for those before a Duncan. That being said, as others mentioned, lots of times they don’t even host anything. Mine prefer the corner, dispute there being 8 anemones in there.

in the past mine have always preferred larger leather corals, frogspawn or hammers, stuff like that.

Thatreefguy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female ocellaris constantly pesters my duncan coral. Constantly shoving her face in the polyps and harassing it. Any suggestions on how to stop it without covering the duncan?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back