ClownFish White Face

Adam_1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, last Wednesday I noticed my Clown was being severely attacked by the other one (which is actually a little smaller). It got to the point where the one being attacked was trying to jump out of the tank.
I noticed that it’s fins were ripped up and had a sore red dot under its mouth and it was so pale it was almost translucent.
As soon as I noticed this I isolated the bully to let its aggression calm down (I may let it back out today).
But I’ve noticed that the red spot under my clowns mouth (the one that was attacked) was turning white and it is growing. Is this just a scab or should I need to do something about this?
Photos below from a couple days ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

F1F62D4B-304C-4834-8618-EDEA5802F1DF.jpeg 59A21BD6-D543-4BE6-8FC7-F0147374575C.jpeg AFD3DF93-5FE3-45D7-B23B-5BB3D24803D0.jpeg

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably a mechanical damage with a secondary bacteria infection. Normally - if the fishes is in good health and not bullied (read stressed) it will manage this by itself. The white parts will probably turn to be grey to black. IMO if it have normal behavior and eat well - no further stressing treatment is needed. Do not put back the other fish before you see that the infection have gone away. If the wound turn grey/black - it is ok - IMO.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
A

Adam_1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably a mechanical damage with a secondary bacteria infection. Normally - if the fishes is in good health and not bullied (read stressed) it will manage this by itself. The white parts will probably turn to be grey to black. IMO if it have normal behavior and eat well - no further stressing treatment is needed. Do not put back the other fish before you see that the infection have gone away. If the wound turn grey/black - it is ok - IMO.

Sincerely Lasse
It is breathing and eating 100% normally. Other fish are also fine too. Do you think I should quarantine it until it’s healed or leave as is?
Ta,

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is breathing and eating 100% normally. Other fish are also fine too. Do you think I should quarantine it until it’s healed or leave as is?
Ta,
It is always a delicate balance. If it was my fish - I should only observe and interfere first when I see that it clearly going downhill.

Sincerely Lasse

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back