Clowns and compatibility

Natureslasthope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 29 that has been running great for 3+ years. I have an ocellaris clown that is 5+ years old. I just gained more live rock and coral from a buddy who just broke down his tank. (I fully understand the issues of taking on someone else’s reef problems without quarantine) That being said, aquascape totally changed today. The osellaris is held captive in a breeder basket as of this morning as I also gained a mated pair of fire and ice clowns. The ocellaris is a bit more than double the size of either of the fire and ice pair. Do you think everyone will get along if I let the osellaris loose? Honestly I like the new pair way better than the ocellaris and I don’t want the ocellaris to kill the others. I would like to keep them all if everyone can play nice as I will be upgrading to a 90 gallon tank in about a month. I just don't like taking chances.
0563FF4F-EE0A-41FC-A268-AE7BFCF999EF.jpeg
B7D074EE-3280-4D89-B257-4F0AEA473218.jpeg
5D045D55-88C3-4918-B313-1B3F6260630B.jpeg

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to R2R. #WelcometoR2R

My opinion is that you're looking at World War III. If you try this, you'll eventually end up with just two. I feel you're tank is too small to hold more than one mated pair of clowns.

arichmond1003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to R2R. #WelcometoR2R

My opinion is that you're looking at World War III. If you try this, you'll eventually end up with just two. I feel you're tank is too small to hold more than one mated pair of clowns.
+1 with that... clowns are territorial and so do well in odd numbers if it’s a small group.
I have hesitation about adding another clown to my single, but we’ll see what happens.

OP
OP
Natureslasthope

Natureslasthope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will just try to find a good home for the ocellaris. Hate to get rid of it but I can’t justify leaving it in a breeder basket for a month. Anybody in north Texas in need of a nice clownfish?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back